It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories BOBs and Home Builds

Old 4th January 2014, 17:34   #1
djxnorb
RBW Member

djxnorb is on a distinguished road djxnorb is on a distinguished road
Video of Joki sidemounted tests

Hello,
As I said in my presentation I'm a biginer in CCR diving. I decide to use CCR with my sidemoutn configuration to explore caves in futur. I start to see the OC's limits and it persuaded me. So it's why I train myself in open no deep water to control and adjust my new materials. I learn with friends the CCR dive specificity because it's home built ccr and thanks to them.
There are a short movie about my first dive with CCR in lateral configuration (first ccr dive for me). I know it isn't perfect, the tanks and the CCR are not aligned to my body, but maybe it's interesting for some of you because I know it's hard to see sidemounted CCR movies.
Brice

Last edited by djxnorb; 4th January 2014 at 17:38..
(Offline)

Old 4th January 2014, 21:17   #2
poni2501
French frog of the alps

rEvo 3 Mini RMS
poni2501 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Video of Joki sidemounted tests

Salut,

Interresting video
Apparently it's a good balance for a first ccr dive.
How was the WOB on the Joki in this position? (maybe not an easy question after the first CR dive ...)
I know that the Joki is a very well designed and rugged CCR but not the easiest kit to start with (low CL volume and not so easy to find position as far as I heard from).

By the way the cave explorations made by some Joki users are impressive.

I'm happy with the rEvo but I really would like to try the Joki. The Triton (which is made not far from your place) is also a very interesting CCR with a rather radical design. I would like to try it one or the other day.

Philippe
(Online)

Old 5th January 2014, 21:55   #3
djxnorb
RBW Member

Salut,
Thank you.
For me the comfort was ok but I can't compare with an other CCR because I never use an other one. But I can say it's not hard to breathe wich it. After 4 dives now I can say the best position is horrizontal and it's ok without more of 45 inclinaison up or down. If i'm vertical it's very unconfortable. But I don't find how I have to proceed to obtain a perfect sidemount CCR position.
Yes the joki and the mini joki version is very well designed a strong. So I have some friends who are instructors and CCR cave divers or CCR instructors or good cave joki divers and they given me a lot of advice to start (i'm lucky).
For the balance I was surprised to the result, it was easy... (increadible)
The low CL volume obliged to no deep breathe but I'm litle (1m70) and I don't need a lot of air.
Yes Joki is good CCR and very extreme dives were did with it. For redundance it's a good option.
At the beguining I would a Triton but the max constructor deep is 60m, the 02 bottle is small (1,5 or 2l), and it's not a sidemoutn rebreather but a rebreather that could be use which back mount or sidemount configuration. And for the moment the price is hight and the machine no CE. So I'll try one day for sure.
Brice
(Offline)

Old 14th January 2014, 19:55   #4
skiffeur
RBW Member

Evolution
skiffeur is an unknown quantity at this point

hi brice as I told you already very nice video and configuration.

just an information about the Triton It is a 100m CCR as all other rebreather on the market.

the deepest dive made on the triton is 120m
(Offline)

Old 16th January 2014, 14:45   #5
Marc T
hell is in the details

JOKI/rEVO/HOME MADE
EDO04 Ray
Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice

Quote: (Originally Posted by djxnorb) View Original Post
Hello,
As I said in my presentation I'm a biginer in CCR diving. I decide to use CCR with my sidemoutn configuration to explore caves in futur. I start to see the OC's limits and it persuaded me. So it's why I train myself in open no deep water to control and adjust my new materials. I learn with friends the CCR dive specificity because it's home built ccr and thanks to them.
There are a short movie about my first dive with CCR in lateral configuration (first ccr dive for me). I know it isn't perfect, the tanks and the CCR are not aligned to my body, but maybe it's interesting for some of you because I know it's hard to see sidemounted CCR movies.
Brice

I dont see many thing on this video ( except the good trim ), its even difficult to see if you wear your Joki under the shoulder ( not the way it has been designed for, its perhaps why you dont have a good wob in all positions ) or over the shoulder.
A good idea would be to have a look at Xavier Menniscus blog, you could learn to dive it up to 250 m .
You can contact me on PM it could be easier to write or even speak french.

Regards

Marc
(Offline)

Old 21st January 2014, 10:34   #6
djxnorb
RBW Member

Quote: (Originally Posted by skiffeur) View Original Post
hi brice as I told you already very nice video and configuration.

just an information about the Triton It is a 100m CCR as all other rebreather on the market.

the deepest dive made on the triton is 120m
Hi, thanks again Alex.

Sorry for my error. 100m ! Very good

And the machine look very nice, I have seen it at the Paris dive show and the product is very interesting.
(Offline)

Old 21st January 2014, 10:41   #7
djxnorb
RBW Member

Quote: (Originally Posted by Marc T) View Original Post
I dont see many thing on this video ( except the good trim ), its even difficult to see if you wear your Joki under the shoulder ( not the way it has been designed for, its perhaps why you dont have a good wob in all positions ) or over the shoulder.
A good idea would be to have a look at Xavier Menniscus blog, you could learn to dive it up to 250 m .

Regards

Marc
Hello Marc,

Thank you for my trim. I wear my joky under the shoulder, not over like it has been designed for. I know like that the wob is not perfect in all positions but I did this choice for specific dives wich restrictions. There are tests for a different configuration than the Xavier Menisus's.
So I'll send you a PM now.
Regards
Brice
(Offline)

Old 30th January 2014, 22:01   #8
gerstl_ossi
Ossi

eCCR Hybrid Homebuild
pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR
gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of

Quote: (Originally Posted by Marc T) View Original Post

Regards

Marc
Nice unit, nice video. For me looks pretty a nice trim and that after some dives
Cheers Ossi Italy
(Offline)