It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Accessories and other dive kit Compressors, Blending / Mixing and Booster Pumps

Old 9th September 2013, 01:04   #1
Captain Starfish
SBOD Pilot

Insp Classic
Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light
Service docs for Frau Drager UH-2T?

Hey all

I have been given the generous loan of a Frau Drager hand booster and, somewhat embarrassingly, it's chosen my custodianship as the perfect time to start losing its seal.

After talking with the owner I'm going to crack her open and check seal condition etc. I've got (I think) the tools required and have the means to fab new tools if I get caught short. I've stripped and rebuilt motorbike engines before so I have enough of a clue around spanners to be dangerous. But, rather than going in blind, I'd much prefer to have a bit of reading and a diagram or two to work from.

A fellow diver here in Perth picked up LukeN's old unit and has managed to track down bits of a user manual, but he can't get to that manual for a while and it's incomplete.

I'm kinda hoping someone here has paperwork: a user manual, a service guide or something like that which they might be able to scan for me.

Can anyone help out?
(Online)

Old 10th September 2013, 04:55   #2
Captain Starfish
SBOD Pilot

Insp Classic
Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Service docs for Frau Drager UH-2T?

Answered my own question with a couple of emails to some very friendly and helpful people at Drager Australia.

I'll just leave this here. If anyone else needs, give me a holler.
(Online)

Old 16th September 2013, 20:51   #3
RGMag
LAR Addict

LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone
OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC
RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to RGMag

if you need the piston seals let me know, have helped 2 guy´s here already with the same problem, have some of them and could help you out i think dräger does not have any parts for this model anymore.
(Offline)

Old 17th September 2013, 00:11   #4
Captain Starfish
SBOD Pilot

Insp Classic

Fantastic, thanks RGMag!

What type of seals do you have? This one has had the old leather packing replaced with dry graphite a while ago.

Yeah: graphite. In an O2 booster. Go figure.

I reckon if the seals need replacing this time we'd be looking at EPDM, if nothing's available off the shelf I might get someone with "clean" seals to measure up and I'll turn them up on the lathe.
(Online)