It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World
       

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Design & Operation Scrubbers and Absorbents

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2013, 19:46   #1
Hans Hass
RBW Member
 
Hans Hass's Avatar

 
Poseidon
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 2
Hans Hass is an unknown quantity at this point
Getting confused on scrubber designs

Hi,
Can someone please assist me?
I'm getting confused about different scrubber desings and the flow of air.

This is what I figured so far:
- Axial design travels the gas up or down thru the absorbent.
- Radial design travels the gas down in the middle and out thru the absorbent.
- Bi-axial travels the gas down thru the middle turns and travel up thru the absorbent.

But what is Co-axial? Is that the same as radial just with the opposite gas flow or?

And are there more different designs?

Some genies in here?

Thank you.
(Offline)
 
Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 19:51   #2
Michael Thornton
Dive Addicts
 
Michael Thornton's Avatar

 
Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo
Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lehi, Utah, United States
Posts: 360
Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough
Re: Getting confused on scrubber designs

Quote: (Originally Posted by Hans Hass) View Original Post
Hi,
Can someone please assist me?
I'm getting confused about different scrubber desings and the flow of air.

This is what I figured so far:
- Axial design travels the gas up or down thru the absorbent.
- Radial design travels the gas down in the middle and out thru the absorbent.
- Bi-axial travels the gas down thru the middle turns and travel up thru the absorbent.

But what is Co-axial? Is that the same as radial just with the opposite gas flow or?

And are there more different designs?

Some genies in here?

Thank you.
Some radial Designs the gas travels outside the scrubber into the internal tube.
(Online)
 
Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 21:06   #3
Hans Hass
RBW Member
 
Hans Hass's Avatar

 
Poseidon
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 2
Hans Hass is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Getting confused on scrubber designs

But thats what I'm asking, is that called co-axial - or?
(Offline)
 
Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 00:26   #4
Mark Struckoff
RBW Member
 
Mark Struckoff's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Mark Struckoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Getting confused on scrubber designs

I think you are making this overly complicated.

There are 2 scrubber types,
Axial
Radial

All the other stuff you mention is nothing more than design differences in them. this is all about the path for the gas to travel as it goes through the scrubber. Axial means enters one end and exits the other end. Radial means it flows from center outward or vice versa.
(Offline)
 
Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 00:36   #5
Garth
The raffle shiest-er
 
Garth's Avatar

 
Hammerhead Extreme eCCR
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mooresville, North Carolina
Posts: 610
Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice
Getting confused on scrubber designs

Quote: (Originally Posted by Hans Hass) View Original Post
But thats what I'm asking, is that called co-axial - or?
Co-axial will provide suboptimal TV reception. You should really be going HDMI with the rest of us who live in 2013
(Offline)
 
Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 03:02   #6
Michael Thornton
Dive Addicts
 
Michael Thornton's Avatar

 
Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo
Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lehi, Utah, United States
Posts: 360
Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough
Re: Getting confused on scrubber designs

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mark Struckoff) View Original Post
I think you are making this overly complicated.

There are 2 scrubber types,
Axial
Radial

All the other stuff you mention is nothing more than design differences in them. this is all about the path for the gas to travel as it goes through the scrubber. Axial means enters one end and exits the other end. Radial means it flows from center outward or vice versa.
+1
(Online)
 
Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 03:19   #7
ChemicalDiver
RBW Member
 
ChemicalDiver's Avatar

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 204
ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice ChemicalDiver is just really nice
Re: Getting confused on scrubber designs

Quote: (Originally Posted by Garth) View Original Post
Co-axial will provide suboptimal TV reception. You should really be going HDMI with the rest of us who live in 2013
Shearwater predator definitely needs HDMI...the screen is so nice.
Others are fine with coax.
(Offline)
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 22:51.


RebreatherWorld.Com 2005 - 2013
Rebreather World, RBW and the Rebreather World Logo are Trademarks
All rights reserved, no republishing of content without written permission.
By using this website you have agreed to our Terms & Conditions of Use

free counters