It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World RBW Members General Section General Rebreather Diving

Old 8th February 2013, 06:34   #1
SGilkinson
RBW Member

Megalodon Pathfinder
SGilkinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Best rebreather for deep diving?

What is everyone's opinion for the best rebreather for deep diving? 300-500 feet?
(Offline)

Old 8th February 2013, 07:36   #2
Packhorse
RBW Member

rEvoIII mini hCCR
RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR
Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Best rebreather for deep diving?

I think to get valid responses you will need to add a bit more criteria than just 300-500ft.

Most "e" units should handle that..... most "m" units could do it with modifications costing less than the gas and sorb you would use.
(Offline)

Old 8th February 2013, 13:09   #3
ChrisBrown
Mostly cold

Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel
rEvo II & III Minis & Micros
ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisBrown Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisBrown

Quote: (Originally Posted by SGilkinson) View Original Post
What is everyone's opinion for the best rebreather for deep diving? 300-500 feet?
A good clue is to look in wreck diver magazine archives and on youtube etc and trip reports of Britannic / HMS Victoria / Lusitania etc and you see the same units over and over again.

Aslo, which units have been doing these depths week in and week out for over 15 years without much reported trouble.

Inspiration
Meg

In recent history, slightly newer units are regularly doing it too:

rEvo, JJ, Evolution, Sentinel.

I personally believe that most units are capable of sub 300. Its the divers that need to be assessed carefully:)
(Offline)

Old 8th February 2013, 19:00   #4
Garth
The raffle shiest-er

Hammerhead Extreme eCCR
Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris at Silent World) View Original Post
A good clue is to look in wreck diver magazine archives and on youtube etc and trip reports of Britannic / HMS Victoria / Lusitania etc and you see the same units over and over again.

Aslo, which units have been doing these depths week in and week out for over 15 years without much reported trouble.

Inspiration
Meg

In recent history, slightly newer units are regularly doing it too:

rEvo, JJ, Evolution, Sentinel.

I personally believe that most units are capable of sub 300. Its the divers that need to be assessed carefully:)
I seem the hammerhead doing dives to 900ft with a dual hammerhead. Not sure what the guy was using as handsets or if they needed to be modified. Starnawski is the guys name. Pretty cool videos in caves too.
(Offline)

Old 8th February 2013, 19:06   #5
Garth
The raffle shiest-er

Hammerhead Extreme eCCR
Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com...r/dualccr.html

Cool!
(Offline)

Old 8th February 2013, 22:06   #6
ChrisBrown
Mostly cold

Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel
rEvo II & III Minis & Micros
ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisBrown Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisBrown

Quote: (Originally Posted by Garth) View Original Post
I seem the hammerhead doing dives to 900ft with a dual hammerhead. Not sure what the guy was using as handsets or if they needed to be modified. Starnawski is the guys name. Pretty cool videos in caves too.

yes, tres cool! A bit beyond what the OP was looking for perhaps, but awesome nonetheless :)
(Offline)

Old 8th February 2013, 22:34   #7
swadiver
jeff addis

Revo
Optima
swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future

The one that is on your back.
(Offline)

Old 9th February 2013, 14:43   #8
kwinter
Down to no good

rEvo III, Flex
Optima, GEM
kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: (Originally Posted by swadiver) View Original Post
The one that is on your back.
You don't like the new sidemount ones?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dsix36) View Original Post
Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.
(Offline)

Old 10th February 2013, 09:19   #9
Mark Chase
So many CCR So little etc

JJ Hybrid
Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo
Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: (Originally Posted by SGilkinson) View Original Post
Most will do it, The Inspo has a thing with the buzzer imploding arround 160m (500ft) so posably remove the buzzer or avoid the inspo. I like a unit with simple electronics and the option of a radial scrubber so id probably go for the JJ as i am not a big fan of Megs.

In theory the Borris is suposed to be a seriously well designed deep unit and i know some big dives have been done on it, but I also here many stories about unit failures which puts me off.

I beleive the Mk15.5 is a well designed simple reliable and capabul deep dive unit but I have never dived one so its best to talk to people who have.

I have to say if I were going past 100 a lot id be sticking with the JJ and looking at some form of bailout CCR to avoid carrying daft amount of tanks

ATB

Mark
(Online)