It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World RBW Members General Section Introduce Yourself

Old 4th December 2012, 18:14   #1
xuflash
RBW Member

none
xuflash is an unknown quantity at this point
New to REbreathers

I'm looking to possibly get into rebreathers. I've been diving since 1985, but did take a significant time break.

I just went to a dive show and learned a little about the units and am now interested in digging deeper into them.

I thought this forum might be a good place to start looking at recommendations, etc.

Thanks
(Offline)

Old 4th December 2012, 22:02   #2
techy1967
RBW Member

revo III
techy1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: New to REbreathers

Quote: (Originally Posted by xuflash) View Original Post
I'm looking to possibly get into rebreathers. I've been diving since 1985, but did take a significant time break.

I just went to a dive show and learned a little about the units and am now interested in digging deeper into them.

I thought this forum might be a good place to start looking at recommendations, etc.

Thanks
try dive as many different units as you can,do you want manual or electronic/hybrid?do you plan to stay at recreational or technical?here is a link to a comparison site,the prices might be a little out of date and also most units have had some form of upgrade,but it might be a useful start.the market in rebreathers is growing espicially with the new sport/recreational rebreathers.you have come to the right place to ask these questions,good luck!!!!!

Rebreather Comparison : Deep Ideas Ltd, Online Shop

Last edited by techy1967; 4th December 2012 at 22:04..
(Offline)

Old 7th December 2012, 21:17   #3
decostanza
RBW Member

decostanza is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New to REbreathers

techy1967,
That's a great link...and much simpler than bouncing between the various manufacturer sites...thank you.
(Offline)

Old 8th December 2012, 11:41   #4
techy1967
RBW Member

revo III
techy1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: (Originally Posted by decostanza) View Original Post
techy1967,
That's a great link...and much simpler than bouncing between the various manufacturer sites...thank you.
no worries,this is defiantly the right place to look.you will get many opinions and advise on what are the good units. unfortunately upgrades have not been added so check out the individual sites as well.i found this site usefull in the beginning,try dives were the key!!!!!!...have fun as you have know opened pandorers box lol.i went for the REvo III mini elctronic (5 cells )hybrid with RMS and front add block plus rear buttons,but work has taken over and i rarely have the chance to dive,so unfortunatley i might be selling soon.its a great unit..

Last edited by techy1967; 8th December 2012 at 11:51..
(Offline)

Old 11th December 2012, 06:03   #5
Michael Thornton
Dive Addicts

Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo
Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol
Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough

Try dives are awesome, Making a list of what you want to get out of a rebreather also helps. Good luck. If Dive Addicts can be of any assistance please let us know. We do several demo days a year if you are ever in UT.

Randy is in florida teaching a HH class right now. A little closer to you.
(Offline)

Old 11th December 2012, 06:18   #6
Chett.L
Chett Lehrer

Hollis Prism-2. rEvo lll rms
Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll Micro
Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of

Nice to meet you here on RBW

Best regards,