It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World RBW Members General Section General Rebreather Diving

Old 24th January 2012, 10:38   #1
MissManta
Rebreather-curious

MissManta is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What to choose for female diver?

Hi there girls,

I was wondering whether I could pick your brains about rebreathers and women divers. I'd like to hear what your experiences with various systems are, and if there are any particular design features that women divers in general tend to like or dislike about them?
Ie, is lightweight a great advantage, etc?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!
(Offline)

Old 24th January 2012, 10:46   #2
EngelenD
RBW Member

rEvo III rMS
rEvo is all you need!!!!
EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough
rEvo micro?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.907283,5.672926
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Offline)

Old 24th January 2012, 11:09   #3
RSmith
It's All Good!

Inspo Evolution
Stay tuned!
RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice
Re: What to choose for female diver?

Look up Jill Heinerth, Mel Clarke and you will find two hard core well known divers. Jill has a few websites on the go and here in Rebreather World scubagrunt is Mel...I'm sure she would be glad to give you some advice!....Both dive various units with vast experience on them.

Best and good luck!
(Offline)

Old 24th January 2012, 11:13   #4
Aldo Ferrucci
Silent diver

Meg,JJ-CCR,Inspiration,Prism2
Ouroboros, Sentinel, Kiss,rEvo
Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Aldo Ferrucci

I you ca wait....
wait for new Pathfinder by ISC
My wife check it, and now she doesn't want other rebreather than Pathfinder.
Best

Aldo
Megalodon/Copis - Inspiration/Evolution - JJ-CCR - Poseidon Discovery MKVI - Instructor Trainer and Dealer

www.aldoferrucci.com FB Aldo Ferrucci
I like bubbles only in my glass of Champagne
(Offline)

Old 24th January 2012, 11:24   #5
Davydive
breathing or rEbreathing

rEvo Mini/Micro FT, CKiss #039
Halcyon PVR-BASC, Dolphin, Ray
Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=EngelenD;389674]rEvo micro?

+ 1
IMO, for the ladies the new rEvo Micro FT is unbeatable!
There is a Micro FT hCCR with rMS delivering in March, so there will be 2 lady rEvo divers in Singapore soon. Take a look at the rEvo website.

Regards,
Davy
(Online)

Old 24th January 2012, 12:46   #6
hchoat
Resident Selkie

Megladon
hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissManta) View Original Post
Hi there girls,

I was wondering whether I could pick your brains about rebreathers and women divers. I'd like to hear what your experiences with various systems are, and if there are any particular design features that women divers in general tend to like or dislike about them?

Well, as you've probably noticed, you are going to get a lot of opinions from men on what works for a woman (no offense, guys, I just think it's funny).

To some extent, the answers to your questions are going to depend upon the type of diving you have been doing and what you think you'll be doing in the future.

I dive a standard Megladon (6 years), and I am a technical and cave diver. It is significantly lighter than the steel doubles I dived for many years prior to that. Everything fits just fine, despite the fact that I am a petite 5'2" tall.

As a general observation, the counter lungs on most units are too large for most smaller women. Very true of the corder counter lungs for the Meg. I use neoprene counter lungs, which are a lot more comfortable.

I've had the opportunity to try most of the units currently on the market, and I didn't find any of them especially uncomfortable or ill fitting.

Good luck.
(Offline)

Old 24th January 2012, 12:50   #7
paulraymaekers
rEvo's daddy

rEvo
paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there girls,

at this moment, without any doubth, our rEvo micro FT is THE hot selling rebreather for the female diver
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flyer_rEvo_III_micro_En_A4 lo res.jpg (82.5 KB, 39 views)
.... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
.... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
.... the earth is flat and ...
(Online)

Old 24th January 2012, 13:24   #8
MissManta
Rebreather-curious

MissManta is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: What to choose for female diver?

Thanks all for your input, I shall look into your recommendations pronto!
Very impressed with your speedy replies

Regarding my own experience and plans - I am completely new to rebreather diving and am looking for as safe and minimally cluttered a system as possible. There's a lot of kit out there, and quite a lot of recent products as far as I can tell, especially catering for the reccies rather than techies. A bit of a jungle!
(Offline)

Old 24th January 2012, 13:48   #9
hchoat
Resident Selkie

Megladon
hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice

Thanks all for your input, I shall look into your recommendations pronto!
Very impressed with your speedy replies

Regarding my own experience and plans - I am completely new to rebreather diving and am looking for as safe and minimally cluttered a system as possible. There's a lot of kit out there, and quite a lot of recent products as far as I can tell, especially catering for the reccies rather than techies. A bit of a jungle!
So, really the question is are you a recreational diver or a technical diver? If not currently technical, do you think it is something you are interested in?
(Offline)

Old 24th January 2012, 13:58   #10
dreamdive
RBW Member

Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer
Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima,
dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light

I am currently diving a rEvo mini but am contemplating getting the new micro. Certainly the volume of the counterlungs is plenty for me. I like that the unit is negative. I dive dry or with a lot of neoprene and absolutely hate weight belts. So I don't need any.

When I get the micro, I can distribute the weight on the unit so that it is well distributed and helps trim.

I used to dive an Optima which was like a refrigerator on my back. If you are a tall, stout female, you can get away with it, maybe. For me, it was too big.
(Online)