It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories CCR - Closed Circuit Rebreathers Juergensen Marine, Inc. Hammerhead Rebreather Forum

Old 19th October 2010, 15:22   #1
w ripley
Sorta New Member

JM Hammerhead
ISC Hammer-MEG
w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all
RB Truck Stand

Here's a movable truck stand for my HH that would work form most canister-type RBs. It keeps the unit safe when on the road and safe from falling over when dressing, as the unit is tilted backwards (center of gravity thing). It is nice when working out of the truck, like in cave country, because it makes life easier. Added a hinged platform extension (holds my rig's weight when I'm standing up), made a couple of other mods, and a fresh coat of paint so thought I would share.

My buddy actually made a permanent stand in his truck for my OC tanks, then modified it when I got a MEG and then the HH. So, I really stole his idea - but don't tell him!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Extension Folded Up.jpg (41.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Extension Opended Up.jpg (38.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Side Profile.jpg (104.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HH Stand - Rear.jpg (106.2 KB, 4 views)

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.
(Offline)

Old 19th October 2010, 16:47   #2
Art Greenberg
Closed Account

Classic KISS
Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Art Greenberg Send a message via Yahoo to Art Greenberg
Re: RB Truck Stand

My approach, for a minivan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg box.jpg (55.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg van-with.jpg (99.6 KB, 3 views)
(Offline)

Old 19th October 2010, 17:52   #3
lizardland
Acme Serpentine Lubricant

lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute

I just taken a picture of the back of my truck. A tidy truck is a sign of a disturbed mind

Should it smell like that?
(Offline)

Old 19th October 2010, 17:59   #4
w ripley
Sorta New Member

JM Hammerhead
ISC Hammer-MEG
w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all

Quote: (Originally Posted by Art Greenberg) View Original Post
Nice. Art, do you have a photo from the rear with the RBs removed? I'd like to see how you have your bracing set up to hold the tanks. BTW, you must be a clockmaker to get all of that into such a small space.

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.
(Offline)

Old 19th October 2010, 18:03   #5
Chett.L
Chett Lehrer

Hollis Prism-2. rEvo lll rms
Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll Micro
Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of

Locked and ready to roll. Brilliant.

Best regards,

Old 19th October 2010, 18:51   #6
Art Greenberg
Closed Account

Classic KISS
Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Art Greenberg Send a message via Yahoo to Art Greenberg

Quote: (Originally Posted by w ripley) View Original Post
Nice. Art, do you have a photo from the rear with the RBs removed? I'd like to see how you have your bracing set up to hold the tanks.
Here you go, Bill. Nothing special for the cylinders, just a few strategically placed eye bolts for bungees. I use two 22-inch bungees in an "X" pattern for two AL40s. Turns out to be plenty secure.

The vertical partition is bolted onto the box that forms the base with four hex-head machine screws that go out the rear of the box into T-nuts on the partition. You can see some of that from the first photo, taken with the box lid up.

BTW, you must be a clockmaker to get all of that into such a small space.
LOL! Its a tight squeeze, and there is a trick to the loading order in order to be able to get the bungees in place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg van-without.jpg (84.9 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Art Greenberg; 19th October 2010 at 18:54..
(Offline)

Old 20th October 2010, 10:23   #7
Fun Under Pressure
Markku Diedrich

Megalodon Apeks 2.5
Classic Inspiration
Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light

Quote: (Originally Posted by Art Greenberg) View Original Post
(Offline)

Old 20th October 2010, 13:33   #8
heyydude
King of the Geeks

HAMMERHEAD!
heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a movable truck stand for my HH that would work form most canister-type RBs. It keeps the unit safe when on the road and safe from falling over when dressing, as the unit is tilted backwards (center of gravity thing). It is nice when working out of the truck, like in cave country, because it makes life easier. Added a hinged platform extension (holds my rig's weight when I'm standing up), made a couple of other mods, and a fresh coat of paint so thought I would share.

My buddy actually made a permanent stand in his truck for my OC tanks, then modified it when I got a MEG and then the HH. So, I really stole his idea - but don't tell him!
You're an Artist, Bill. Very cool.

Kevin.
(Offline)

Old 20th October 2010, 17:28   #9
alyafi
Excuse me, I speak Dive

alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice

Wow, both solutions are really clean.
A quick question for Art and the minivan. Where is the car's spare tire? Is it stored under the car?
(Offline)

Old 20th October 2010, 18:30   #10
Art Greenberg
Closed Account

Classic KISS

Quote: (Originally Posted by alyafi) View Original Post
Wow, both solutions are really clean.
A quick question for Art and the minivan. Where is the car's spare tire? Is it stored under the car?
Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, the spare tire is under the car. Access is via a release in the floor just behind the driver's seat.

--
Art
(Offline)