It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories CCR - Closed Circuit Rebreathers Pelagian Rebreathers Pelagian Rebreather

Old 9th October 2009, 05:38   #1
jale
RBW Member

jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road
Bmcl

Hi,
Yes I know that the Pelagian is a nice machine and that the "under arm" CL are in no way restrictive. But still, I would like to ask if anyone has try to use BMCL similar to something like the Manta CL of the Meg.
Jale.
(Offline)

Old 9th October 2009, 06:20   #2
Al Marvelli
RBW Member

rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand
rEvoII fullsize
Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Bmcl

decoweenie posted once that he planned to use dave thomas bmcl's on a pelegian.

dont know if that ever happened tho.

i think the meg and the pelegian use different size loop hoses.
(Offline)

Old 9th October 2009, 14:46   #3
Doppler
Cut along dotted line...

Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice Doppler is just really nice

Jale: not sure why anyone would want to move the CLs from underarm to backmounted. Seems like that would defeat one of the most attractive secondary benefits of the unit; horizontal trim out of the box.
(Offline)

Old 10th October 2009, 02:19   #4
decoweenie
RBW Member

decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: (Originally Posted by kybrt) View Original Post
decoweenie posted once that he planned to use dave thomas bmcl's on a pelegian
You meant Dave Thompson.

Since the day I got Dave's BMCL set, I have dived every unit I had with them since.

Dave's BMCL was the first design available and (IMHO) still the best.
(Offline)

Old 5th December 2009, 21:46   #5
johan carlsson
RBW Member

Pelagian fore KINGS
Lots of old ones...
johan carlsson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johan carlsson Send a message via Skype™ to johan carlsson

Quote: (Originally Posted by Doppler) View Original Post
Jale: not sure why anyone would want to move the CLs from underarm to backmounted. Seems like that would defeat one of the most attractive secondary benefits of the unit; horizontal trim out of the box.
I just tryied the BMCL "manta" ("on a Meg") but i was very possitively surprized that the trim was nice frome the start and nice experienced WOB.. But thats maybee just me..
The JJ-CCR Bmcl ("Dave´s") looks realy nice havent tryed those yet but..

// J
(Offline)

Old 5th December 2009, 22:01   #6
jlovold
RBW Member

rEvo III Micro FT
Pelagian DCCCR
jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough

Quote: (Originally Posted by johan carlsson) View Original Post
I just tryied the BMCL "manta" ("on a Meg") but i was very possitively surprized that the trim was nice frome the start and nice experienced WOB.. But thats maybee just me..
The JJ-CCR Bmcl ("Dave´s") looks realy nice havent tryed those yet but..

// J
I really wish for some BMCLs for my Pelagian.

While they are not really in the way, they are a minor annoyance when dressing, and they take up some "real estate" complicating clipping and unclipping of stages slightly.

I still love my unit though, and the needle-valve is a real "keeper", as with instant cell validation.
(Online)

Old 6th December 2009, 08:54   #7
rogeringebo
Life starts at 100

Pelagian DCCCR
Classic KISS, Megalodon
rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote: (Originally Posted by kybrt) View Original Post
decoweenie posted once that he planned to use dave thomas bmcl's on a pelegian.

dont know if that ever happened tho.

i think the meg and the pelegian use different size loop hoses.

Hi!
The hose size is the same.

Cheers
Roger
(Offline)

Old 10th December 2009, 16:04   #8
Rod Abbotson
Dive Aqaba Owner

Pelagian
Dolphin, GAF
Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Rod Abbotson

Not sure why one would want to change this unique feature of the unit which gives great trim. I have a fiend who currently building a unit with similar design features other than the CLs which will be back mounted...we will be testing this unit at the end of January I will be able to make direct comparisons of the trim.

Personally I prefer the underarm CLs as I like swimming in a horizontal position even when Im taking photos...also much better position for a long deco hang did around 3 hours deco last week on one dive very comfy...

Rod
(Offline)

Old 10th December 2009, 18:00   #9
toe
RBW Member

rEvo 111 hybrid
Vision Inspo,Evo+, classic
toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough

[
Personally I prefer the underarm CLs as I like swimming in a horizontal position even when Im taking photos...also much better position for a long deco hang did around 3 hours deco last week on one dive very comfy...

Have tried back mounted counter lungs, sometimes people just prefer the devil they know.

Tony
(Offline)

Old 31st December 2009, 10:19   #10
Chris Kennedy
RBW Member

GAF mccr,rEvoII
Dolphin,Pelagian
Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote: (Originally Posted by Rod Abbotson) View Original Post
Not sure why one would want to change this unique feature of the unit which gives great trim. I have a fiend who currently building a unit with similar design features other than the CLs which will be back mounted...we will be testing this unit at the end of January I will be able to make direct comparisons of the trim.

Rod
The lungs are front mounted Rod you Wally.Regards the friend
(Offline)