It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories CCR - Closed Circuit Rebreathers DiveRite O2ptima (aka Optima) Rebreather

Old 23rd March 2009, 02:10   #1
gotgills
RBW Member

gotgills is on a distinguished road gotgills is on a distinguished road
New upgrades from Dive Rite

Anyone see this?

Dive Rite - Dive Rite’s online journal exploring the latest in technical diving O2ptima Calibration Caps, QR Buckles and Solenoid Filter

Quote:
O2ptima Calibration Caps, QR Buckles and Solenoid Filter
O2ptima divers who want a fast method for sensor calibration without having to fill the loop can now use our Calibration Caps. They help to conserve gas with small cylinders. We came up with a calibration cap set that consists of an inlet cap with a BC hose connection to plug your manual oxygen hose into and an exhaust cap fitted with a mushroom valve so you can evacuate the canister and fill it with oxygen for calibration. Since it is a mushroom valve you cant overpressurize the canister while calibrating. Its simple to use and carry with you. DRT-27-CAL Well post pics in a day or two.

Also, the Quick Release buckles for the 1.5 inch cam straps are in-stock. You can add them to any of the 1.5 cam straps on the O2ptima tanks or a stage bottle. We used to use these same buckles for independent doubles on 2 cam straps years ago. No more having to reweave the cam buckle. BC2036-QR .

Weve added a 60 micron filter to the solenoid inlet on the O2ptima. This should help keep the solenoid from getting any debris in it when disconnecting the oxygen hose. I just finished six hours of CCR time with the filter in place. We need to modify your solenoid inlet to accept the filter. Call or email service at service@diverite.com to send your head in if you want us to install the filter.

Lamar
(Offline)

Old 23rd March 2009, 02:43   #2
diverreb
Richie Burr

O2ptima FX
diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to diverreb Send a message via Skype™ to diverreb
Re: New upgrades from Dive Rite

Good idea... I was just about to do that myself... If it's reasonable, I'll just buy theirs.

Richie
(Offline)

Old 23rd March 2009, 12:22   #3
zmcave
www.rebreather.com.br

O2ptima / Dolphin / rEvo
zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to zmcave Send a message via Skype™ to zmcave

The calibration caps are awesome, a student of mine got them and I got to use them this weekend. Highly recommend.

Best,

Z.
(Offline)

Old 23rd March 2009, 13:46   #4
swadiver
jeff addis

Revo
Optima
swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future

i want credit for the calibration caps. made these my self from the cannister caps DR sells. added an inline flow restrictor to the O2 feed. uses a fraction of the O2 compared to filling the hole loop.
(Offline)

Old 23rd March 2009, 14:25   #5
edasque
RBW Member

rEvo III mini
edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to edasque Send a message via Skype™ to edasque

Sounds like great news. Any idea what the cost is going to be ? Callibrating and not using 100-200 PSI of gas before a dive was always a concern for me.

However the end caps are $60, an outrageous price for two delrin caps. I wonder if the kit will be $100+
(Offline)

Old 23rd March 2009, 15:13   #6
diverreb
Richie Burr

O2ptima FX
diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of

Kit was quoted at $59.00 and is available now... Just spoke with Diverite. They are getting ready to ship to their Dealers this week.

Also the 60 micron filter install is $20.00 plus shipping. All they need is the Solenoid shipped back to them.

Richie
(Offline)

Old 23rd March 2009, 15:43   #7
kwinter
Down to no good

rEvo III, Flex
Optima, GEM
kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute

The caps sound like a great idea and very reasonable at $59. I was in the process of making some myself using two 1-hole rubber stoppers with hose barbs in the holes. The inlet side would connect to the hose and flow restrictor from my Analox ATA analyzer. The other side would bleed out slowly. I was told that letting it run this way for 3-5 minutes should flush the entire canister and use far less O2. Cost less than $20, but the DR one sounds more professional.

And I've wanted the delrin canister caps for a while, but I agree they're just too damned expensive.
(Offline)

Old 24th March 2009, 11:56   #8
sfldiver
Underwater Paparazzi

Dive Rite Optima
sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of

Quote: (Originally Posted by swadiver) View Original Post
i want credit for the calibration caps. made these my self from the cannister caps DR sells. added an inline flow restrictor to the O2 feed. uses a fraction of the O2 compared to filling the hole loop.
Yep, I can vouch for the legitimacy of Jeff's claim, as I've seen first-hand his handy-work in this area!
(Offline)

Old 24th March 2009, 14:20   #9
jiseson
Banned

jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough

Quote: (Originally Posted by sfldiver) View Original Post
Yep, I can vouch for the legitimacy of Jeff's claim, as I've seen first-hand his handy-work in this area!
i have the caps already-might you have a photo- would like to make one of these
what about just putting a standard regulator first stage cone filter for the solenoid?
(Offline)

Old 29th March 2009, 21:23   #10
diverreb
Richie Burr

O2ptima FX

Saw the caps at the show... Just ordered a set....

Very cool & will save a ton of O2...

Richie
(Offline)