It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Accessories and other dive kit Full Face Masks aka FFMs

Old 14th September 2008, 15:46   #1
gerstl_ossi
Ossi

eCCR Hybrid Homebuild
pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR
gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of
FFM - from Scubapro for Rebreather????

Has anyone tried a FFM from Scubapro. I'm interested for my homebuild. What is the difference to a FFM from Draeger?

Thanks Oswald
(Offline)

Old 14th September 2008, 16:25   #2
OceanOpportunity
for a world of water

homebuild/custom
rEvo, Dolphin, CCR2000, Inspo
OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold
Re: FFM - from Scubapro for Rebreather????

this is a great mask if it fits properly. the skirt is very wide, so folks with thinner faces have troubles with leaks. I use the Mantis FFM, which is similar, and it has a very, very low profile as far as FFM's go.

cheers,
Mike
(Offline)

Old 14th September 2008, 18:30   #3
Sandy
Supporting Member

Biomarine, IDA 71
Italian ARO
Sandy is on a distinguished road Sandy is on a distinguished road

I'm playing with one at the moment. The rubber adapter in the front that a reg should go in is a little small to fit a DSV ( I'm using a Drager Ray DSV). Also the inside of the mouth cavity has a hard plastic piece on it that mimics your 2nd stage and should have a standard rubber mouthpiece fitted to it. I find it sits a bit close and squeezes my lower lip into the edge of the face seal.
I've removed the entire center regulator mount from the silicone mask and I'm building an adapter just for my Drager Ray DSV. I should be able to set the distance on the inside to something more comfortable and get the larger RAY DSV to fit.
I hope to use one of the side ports for bailout reg. I noticed my Interspiro AGA reg is the same size as the side port. I may not even need an adapter.
Just a side note - the mask has a thread system on it for the ambient breathing valve and the same thread on the 2nd stage adapter locking nut. These are a NATO bayonet thread found on European style gas mask filters (Kemira, Drager Panorama, Army surplus style etc.)

Sandy
(Offline)

Old 14th September 2008, 19:43   #4
silent running
Mature mouth breather

Prism
Dolphin
silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Oswald, I tried the Scubapro FFM on OC some years ago and thought it was very nice. Very good field of vision, comfortable, simple design and cheap! But it is a particular fit, as Michael said above. Mine leaked a little and my face is a bit narrow. It seems that the Mantis is a better bet for for narrower faces like mine.

Has anybody been able to ft any DSV into the stock orifice meant for a 2nd stage on the Scubapro or Mantis FFMs? And does anybody think the way these 2 masks connect to DSVs are sturdy enough for DSV/RBs? -Andy
(Offline)

Old 14th September 2008, 21:10   #5
mountain diver
Silent Lucidity

Megalodon
mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice

Was looking at this two years ago for my meg, decided against it.
Reason was two fold, 1) to much leakage around side skirt.
also improper fit of DSV in to mouth piece, again leakage. would require a lot of work to fit and seal.2) Nasal cavity does not promote removal of co2, so
co2 becomes an issue for diver. this mask was intended for o.c. diving
where for the right person will work good.
You could try this mask, see link.

Apeks Products

just my opinion.
(Offline)

Old 15th September 2008, 02:37   #6
mempilot
RBW Member

mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: (Originally Posted by mountain diver) View Original Post
You could try this mask, see link.

Apeks Products
Is Apeks licensing the Panorama from Drager now? Or are the two companies affiliated?

I dive the Drager Panorama and love it. The mouth bite is key to keeping the loop closed-circuit and the field of vision is outstanding.

I'd love to see some US Apeks dealers start carrying it as to make parts more readily available if the answer to the above question is 'yes'.
(Offline)

Old 15th September 2008, 05:02   #7
mountain diver
Silent Lucidity

Megalodon
mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice

Mempilot, the answer is yes. My understanding is the apeks and drager line
sail under the Aqualung flag. Getting the mask and or parts here in Canada
is easy as a phone call away. Try the Aqualung USA office and you should be
good to go. Sorry Ossi did not mean to steal your thread.
(Offline)

Old 15th September 2008, 13:58   #8
scunick
Nick Cunningham-Moorat

rEvo eXpedition
Inspiration Vision, Hammerhead
scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough

Quote: (Originally Posted by mempilot) View Original Post
I dive the Drager Panorama and love it. The mouth bite is key to keeping the loop closed-circuit and the field of vision is outstanding.
I have recently bought a Panoram and absolutely love it. I greatly improves the quality of a dive in cool waters (8-14deg C).

atb

Nick
(Offline)

Old 18th September 2008, 01:07   #9
Barfab
Fabio

Ouroboros
Sentinel
Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sandy) View Original Post
I'm playing with one at the moment. The rubber adapter in the front that a reg should go in is a little small to fit a DSV ( I'm using a Drager Ray DSV). Also the inside of the mouth cavity has a hard plastic piece on it that mimics your 2nd stage and should have a standard rubber mouthpiece fitted to it. I find it sits a bit close and squeezes my lower lip into the edge of the face seal.
I've removed the entire center regulator mount from the silicone mask and I'm building an adapter just for my Drager Ray DSV. I should be able to set the distance on the inside to something more comfortable and get the larger RAY DSV to fit.
I hope to use one of the side ports for bailout reg. I noticed my Interspiro AGA reg is the same size as the side port. I may not even need an adapter.
Just a side note - the mask has a thread system on it for the ambient breathing valve and the same thread on the 2nd stage adapter locking nut. These are a NATO bayonet thread found on European style gas mask filters (Kemira, Drager Panorama, Army surplus style etc.)

Sandy
May you send us some picts?
Thanks
Fabio
(Offline)

Old 9th October 2008, 03:27   #10
divelermentov
Nutty dentist - uwdriller

divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to divelermentov

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sandy) View Original Post

Sandy

any photos ??
(Offline)