It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Dive Computers / Rebreather Electronics VR Technologies VR Computers & URM

Old 31st October 2005, 08:09   #1
jondive

jondive is an unknown quantity at this point
Vr2 R22 / Kd1

I have a VR2 and a spare P/Con which I had considered cutting into the C/Lung of my S/Kiss. However, has anyone removed one of the triple displays and linked to one of the KD1's and found it successful, if so anything to be carful of. (I note the normal sensor for the VR2 is an R22).
(Offline)

Old 31st October 2005, 13:32   #2
seippel

seippel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Vr2 R22 / Kd1

Hi,

I have not done it on a SK but I know that Jetsam has done it. The K1D and the VR2 will work together. There has been som discussions on the KISS forum about this also I think.

One thing to thing about is of course the plastic cable gland. As it has been used and contracted for a amount of time I would change it against a barnd new one to insure that it will seal 100%.

Regards,

Peder
(Offline)

Old 31st October 2005, 15:10   #3
Deep Smeg
Sebastian Chander

Deep Smeg
Megalodon
Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Deep Smeg

When Jetsam were here in Aprial they had one of there SK's running with a VR 3 on one of the KD-1's.

I think they have the hardware for it, available.

Cheers

Seb
(Offline)

Old 31st October 2005, 15:31   #4
decoweenie
RBW Member

decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute

You could "sacrifice" one of the 3 PO2 displays on your SK for a cable plug into the VR2-3 computer.

AFAIK, both Kim and Gordon are using that option on their units.

Having used integrated sensor feed into VR-3, I wouldn't do it again. There is no benefit to be had unless you can't keep the correct set-point on your unit -- which is a completely different issue.
(Offline)