It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories CCR - Closed Circuit Rebreathers Other

Old 17th February 2008, 05:09   #1
Dave1w
Born Again Diver!

Kiss, JJ
Ray, APOC, rEvo
Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Dave1w
Rebreather for Travelling

Is there a mainstream rebreather out there that can match the Sport Kiss for travelability ( goes in overhead locker on plane) but would extend the range past 50m?

Dave
(Offline)

Old 17th February 2008, 05:31   #2
Lancer4545
RebreatherWorld Sponsor

Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder
Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to Lancer4545 Send a message via Skype™ to Lancer4545
Re: Rebreather for Travelling

Hi Dave,

I take my Meg in the cabin with me. Can, backplate/harness, regs, wing and inflators go in the roller case and the loop and CLs go in a computer case.

You just have to make it look easy when you lift the 24kg roller case up into the overhead lockers

REgards,

Lance

Attachment 8034

ISC Appointed Megalodon Dealer for East Australia
ISC Trained Megalodon & Pathfinder Trimix Instructor & Service Technician
http://www.closedcircuitdivers.com.au
info@closedcircuitdivers.com.au

Last edited by Lancer4545; 21st December 2008 at 02:18..
(Offline)

Old 17th February 2008, 05:44   #3
silentscuba
rEvo CCR Driver

rEvo Mini w/stand & Gas Block
silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dave1w) View Original Post
Is there a mainstream rebreather out there that can match the Sport Kiss for travelability ( goes in overhead locker on plane) but would extend the range past 50m?

Dave
I have been taking my KISS Classic on the plane with me for years now and never had a problem, it fits just fine in the right carry on bag.

The Meg works very easy as carry on also.

And now I have fit my new Mini rEvo into a carry on bag without taking anything apart:).

I would never check my CCR !!!! I have seen to many damaged by TSA or delayed because of how they look. Our rebreathers cannot speak for themselves to TSA when looked at.
(Online)

Old 17th February 2008, 06:26   #4
wookey
RBW Member

wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about

The best I ever saw was the prototype of a soft kiss (SK).
soft case, soft scrubber and tanks valves with integrated 1st stages !
(Offline)

Old 17th February 2008, 06:30   #5
scubagrunt
CCR Diva

meg & rEvo
inspo, optima, KISS, submatix
scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dave1w) View Original Post

Dave
the whole meg fits in a legal sized carry on bag, i never check it!
(Offline)

Old 17th February 2008, 06:35   #6
Al Marvelli
RBW Member

rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand
rEvoII fullsize
Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light

isnt the rEvo too wide for tsa rules legal carry on?
(Offline)

Old 17th February 2008, 09:02   #7
P3
Petri Keskitalo

P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough

Look at the pelagian. 11kgs and packs really small.
(Offline)

Old 17th February 2008, 09:09   #8
hoppyinca

hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough

Quote: (Originally Posted by silentscuba) View Original Post
...Our rebreathers cannot speak for themselves to TSA when looked at.
I have no choice but to check mine... Mk15 won't fit in the overhead... damn!

I do share the fear of the TSAs fear of what they do not know... I leave a copy of documents (cover and first few pages of the CCR1000 manual) in the case and handwritten on the first page is my name, mobile #, flight #, and departure time.

never had a call, never had it lost... since i just wrote this and fly home tomorrow... I better knock on wood...

hoppy
(Offline)

Old 17th February 2008, 10:26   #9
silent running
Mature mouth breather

Prism
Dolphin
silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute

I have taken my Prism as carry-on with me on 13 trips overseas. It weighs under 30lbs minus the cylinders and cowling. Never checked it once. The Prism has regularly been past 150M and is very simple to set up and maintain, no dives missed in 400+ hrs of dive travel.

Most CCRs currently available can be broken down to travel as carry-on, so this is not really an issue the way it once was with MKs and Cislunars...
(Offline)

Old 17th February 2008, 14:03   #10
silentscuba
rEvo CCR Driver

rEvo Mini w/stand & Gas Block
silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice

Quote: (Originally Posted by kybrt) View Original Post
isnt the rEvo too wide for tsa rules legal carry on?
TSA does not make the rules for the size of carry on. Each airlines have their own.

I checked alot of the airlines carry one rules and I found out that in most cases you can get away with a bag that is 24X16X8 or 21X16X8 if you take the handle off (which is no problem). You need a case that is 16 in wide to fit the Mini rEvo.

I might be pushing it abit, but I will find out. Unless they actually measure your bag, they propably will not notice the difference (I hope).

Time will tell.
(Online)