It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Accessories and other dive kit

Old 29th December 2007, 18:04   #1
Yellow box of doom
ex "still bubbling for now"

Yellow box of doom is an unknown quantity at this point
Home Made Green Force Goodman Handle

I've recently 'invested' in a Greenfoce Tri-star plus torch. As has been mentioned on a number of forums the goodman handles offered by Greenforce aren't the best or most desirable.

I thought you might be interested in seeing a homemade handle fashioned from the standard battery mounted handle that comes with the FII battery and required nothing more complicated than a strong vice, a drill and a bit of brute force to bend it (or a mate with the said tools - thanks Richard):

Its not exactly the same as the 'standard' goodman but it does the job just as well, cost no extra over and above the torch (apart from a few screws and a pipe holder from a DIY store) and looks pretty neat especially as its then the same powered coated green of the rest of the Greenforce stuff. I reckon it looks pretty good, even if I say so myself - comments welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Goodman 1.jpg (218.5 KB, 751 views)
File Type: jpg goodman 2.jpg (211.5 KB, 715 views)
File Type: jpg goodman 3.jpg (208.0 KB, 703 views)
(Offline)

Old 29th December 2007, 18:11   #2
Edvin M
RBW Member

Homebuilt
Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M will become famous soon enough
Re: Home Made Green Force Goodman Handle

Nice, really good looking although I prefer goodman handles with bunge instead of metal. If I were you I would put the snap "above" the handle were the lamphead is held in place to be more "out of the way" and tie it together insted of the metal ring
(Offline)

Old 29th December 2007, 18:13   #3
Hyper-limits
Prince of darkness

Megalodon
Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice

Nice and simple, I also fabricated my own Goodman handle for my GF just because I didn't care for the one sold by GreenForce.

Cheers

Al
(Offline)

Old 29th December 2007, 21:36   #4
Bech
RBW Member

Bech is an unknown quantity at this point

Nive but be careful with the liaison between stainless steel and alu...

Raph
(Offline)

Old 29th December 2007, 21:41   #5
wreckseeker
RBW Member

wreckseeker will become famous soon enough wreckseeker will become famous soon enough wreckseeker will become famous soon enough wreckseeker will become famous soon enough

nice werk! I make my own handle to but i call it the lack-man handle made from pvc and a heavy duty vecro strap, may have to post some pics!
(Offline)

Old 30th December 2007, 02:51   #6
Hyper-limits
Prince of darkness

Megalodon
Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice

Quote: (Originally Posted by wreckseeker) View Original Post
nice werk! I make my own handle to but i call it the lack-man handle made from pvc and a heavy duty vecro strap, may have to post some pics!
Lack Man Handle, too funny Aaron.:)

Cheers

Al
(Offline)

Old 2nd January 2008, 16:08   #7
Explorer
Go DEEP!!!!

MEGALODON
Evolution, KISS GEM
Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough

Nice and clean. Well done.
(Offline)

Old 26th June 2008, 05:13   #8
Baerhog

Baerhog is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I would pefer one made of PVC myself, so I might be able to snap in and out.
I have a couple of different heads and will require different diameters but I would like to see the lack-man. Can I get a picture?
(Offline)

Old 26th June 2008, 05:44   #9
digital_steve
RBW Member

digital_steve is an unknown quantity at this point

whoa... thread revival!

in any rate, i bought a kent tooling goodman handle for my greenforce HID head as i'm crap @ DIY
(Offline)

Old 26th June 2008, 06:17   #10
wedivebc
Dave Tomblin

Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon
CCR Instructor Trainer
wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute

I am also a proud owner of a lack-man handle. Yours looks pretty good too.

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com
(Offline)