It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories BOBs and Home Builds Home Build Rebreathers

Old 25th July 2007, 20:35   #1
Mossyback
RBW Member

rEvo Standard II
IDA-71, Desco, Homebuilt
Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough
What's the Thingy Called?

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get the final pieces for my IDA-71 together and I need some help. What's the thing called that I glue (or otherwise attach) to my CL so that I can put O2 sensors inside? From all of the photos it appears to be some sort of black ring.

A couple of other questions. Where can I purchase one and do I need anything else to make it waterproof when I put the sensors in?

Pictures would help.

Hank
(Offline)

Old 25th July 2007, 20:56   #2
mathias
Ouroboros #31

mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to mathias
Re: What's the Thingy Called?

i'ts the dräger p-port ?

Dolphin/Ray Atembeutel Steckanschluss schwarz - W+S Water Safety Europe GmbH - Online Shop - Seit 1999

or

Tec Equipment für Nitrox, Rebreather Höhlen Tauchen

mathias
(Offline)

Old 25th July 2007, 21:39   #3
DanDunfee
RBW Member

DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice DanDunfee is just really nice

Hi Hank

The female recepticle is the part that you glue into the counterlung.

You'll also need the mating male part(s) to plug the hole, feed the sensor wires thru, and keep the water out.

On my little RGU 2 rig,..the pre-prototype model. the concept work is about 90 % done, fairly extensive customizing parts ordering is about 80% done, and started putting some parts together.. I'm beginning to feel a bit enthusiastic.
(Offline)

Old 25th July 2007, 22:12   #4
mathias
Ouroboros #31

mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about mathias has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to mathias

hi hank,
i never put some glue on the p-port, and its stil waterproof since 2 years
(Offline)

Old 25th July 2007, 22:35   #5
Tom Rose
Still Learning

Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light Tom Rose is a glorious beacon of light

In the US you can get them from

San Diego Scuba Diving - Divers Gear Equipment Southern California - Dive San Diego

Dave ******, myself and others have used them to provide an easy entry point for O2 Cell holders.

on my website it can be found at

Homebuilt Stuff for My Rebreather Project

then click on classic convertable
(Offline)