It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register for free click here
Rebreather World

Go Back   Rebreather World Rebreather Models, Design, and Accessories Rebreather Accessories and other dive kit Full Face Masks aka FFMs

Old 17th February 2007, 16:35   #1
Andre

Andre is an unknown quantity at this point
FFM Ocean Reef Neptune Space

Does anyone use this maks with a RB and what are the pro's and con's about it?
Thanks
André
(Offline)

Old 17th February 2007, 21:45   #2
colinicky
RBW Member

rEvo II Hybrid Mini Titanium
Inspiration Vision
colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all
Re: FFM Ocean Reef Neptune Space

I spoke to Tracy at Divematics about 6 months ago over this mask & he had a prototype but could not get the inner nasal cup arrangement sorted out to get rid of the dead air space .Haven't heard anything since ,would be interested myself .
(Offline)

Old 17th February 2007, 23:14   #3
caveseeker7
Stefan Besier

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS
(still owned) MK15
caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute

The Neptune has been used with PRISMs, so Steam Machines might have some info for you. I only know the OC version and wasn't impressed. The second stage left a lot to be desired, no match for the Diveator II (AGA mask). The mask is held together by a single screw on the at the bottom of the lower face shield, and in general the quality isn't particulary good IMHO.

The Dräger Panorama Nova is of similar style, better buld quality and the R model is ready for RB use. Current Dräger DSVs will fit, a BOV is readily available from Divematics (the connector can be changed from mask to normal bite piece, too) and planned from Golem.

The M-48 from Kirby-Morgan and the AGA from Interspiro can easily be adapted for RB use.

I consider any of those three are a better choice than the Neptune.
(Offline)

Old 18th February 2007, 04:28   #4
OceanOpportunity
for a world of water

homebuild/custom
rEvo, Dolphin, CCR2000, Inspo
OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold

the neptunes suit their intended purpose well (OC), but there is alot of dead space if being considered for CCR use...I have yet to see an effective means of converting this. Personally, I like the Scubapro or Mantis style ffms...very low profile, and can accomodate any mouthpiece assy.
(Offline)

Old 18th February 2007, 08:19   #5
caveseeker7
Stefan Besier

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS
(still owned) MK15
caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scubapro & Mantis

Tried to fit the Scubapro to my fave, but the mask was just to wide, wasn't even a close fit. The people that have had one in the water liked it for most part.

The Mantis does fit my face, but just and on the opposite end of the scale. My nose barely fits, and I'm not sure I could fit it for myself with a bite piece. Can't beat the price, though, they had a € 40 special at Boot!
(Offline)