+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CCR Club: Florida S.C.R.U.B.: Join Us!

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

CCR Club: Florida S.C.R.U.B.: Join Us!

There are more and more of us CCR divers in South Florida. Why not take advantage of our numbers?

We want long bottom times and other conveniences that CCR divers prefer. How about taking up a whole boat so that we can run trips the way that we want to run them? We can probably get discounts on boat fares by purchasing the whole boat together for an outing. There are lots of advantages, not to mention how much fun we can have, by joining together.

Announcing the formation of S.C.R.U.B.: South Coast Rebreather Underwater Bounders (name open to discussion and debate ;) ). Our Club Mission is simple: Let's dive and have fun! :) We can do any kind of dives from recreational to deep technical dives on CCRs as a group. That way, there will always be enough of us to fill the boat, and we can bring in new divers as more of us make the jump to CCR.

Last weekend, VidoDvr and I had a blast diving together off of Pompano Beach. How about a group of us starting some "get to know each other" dives, and then we can start working on some more adventurous profiles and outings?

Anybody interested? Let's plan a dive for this Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

~~~~~ #417 ~~~~~ PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer is a jewel in the rough PacketSniffer's Avatar

Re: CCR Club: Florida S.C.R.U.B.: Join Us!

I sure wish I was located down there with you all. I'm sure to make some guest appearances from time to time though. :D

RBW Member Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro's Avatar
    None

Megalodon

I'll be joining you soon. Meg has been ordered and it should be here in the next couple of weeks.

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

So far, it is looking like we will make our first dive on Sunday afternoon inasmuch as Saturday looks like it will be on the windy side.

SATURDAY
    EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET.
    INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS. SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT
    SHOWERS.

SATURDAY NIGHT
    EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET.
    INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS. SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT
    SHOWERS.

SUNDAY
    EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. INTRACOASTAL
    WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT SHOWERS.

Earning the green stuff.. webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead's Avatar

I like the idea. Any issues w/ someone from farther up the coast? I don't get to Miami that often but 3 or 4 times a year might be worth it..... Or if you guys want to dive West Palm, that's a shorter drive for me and hopefully some others from the Treasure coast. ;)

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

I think it's a great idea. Unfortunately, I can't make it this weekend as I'll be headed to Dominica with Alan Lewis and Jeff Bozanic for a dive medicine meeting. In the future, though, I'd be up for Miami, Pompano, West Palm, whatever.

Doug

I was thinking of making most of the dives bewteen Riviera Beach (which is just north of Palm Beach) and the Keys since that is within about two hours of where I live. We can also set up trips to cave country and the like, and anywhere the group wants to go. The idea is to be inclusive. So, anyone in the area or even just visiting is welcome.

No rules, just dives.

So far, for this coming Sunday afternoon, VidoDvr and I are on the trip. We plan on some mellow diving, and we are going to practice some drills as we get to know one another's diving habits.

Hopefully, we can put together a larger and larger group over time, sharing and learning from one another, and we can tackle some adventurous dives together as teams once everybody is in synch.
    Last edited by ScubaDadMiami; 11th January 2007 at 13:25.

swims in fishes toilets vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr is a glorious beacon of light vidodivr's Avatar

Very Exciting times for sure, had a great time.

We also plan on putting together a spreadsheet with boat lists and a list of shops that have boosters and what pressures you can kinda expect if not, as well as sorb, tank rentals and such. (I got 2500psi at American Scuba Divers for example)
    DRE is the most Rebreather friendly shop down here, but if you're in west palm..or the keys...it's a trek

So we welcome any suggestions of shop/boat experience you have down the coast to help compile this list that will be available here of course for locals and visitors to enjoy.

We will also be soliciting for more boats and shops to be rebreather friendly in SoFL.

Earning the green stuff.. webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead has a spectacular aura about webhead's Avatar

I really like that idea of a spreadsheet with shops that have supplies (helium, HP O2, sorb, etc.) and the dive boats that allow RBs.

I'm not sure about Melbourne but for the Treasure coast (Sebastian to Ft Pierce), I'm 80% sure none of the shops stock sorb. One shop in Vero use to have Helium but I don't think they keep bottles in stock anymore and their O2 Haskel broke. So basically they use to support RB divers like me (Drager sorb, He and HP O2) but no anymore.

The only one stop shop I can think of is FillExpress.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

If this kicks off and proves popular - I am happy to give you guys your own sub forum for organising boats, dives , trips, contact details etc etc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast