+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Forthcoming Big site Upgrade

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Forthcoming Big site Upgrade

So get your requests in - I want to capture them all in one thread then I can work out a plan and cost it and keep the site improving.

So to kick things off

1 - Slicker Front End
    2 - Improved Menu System
    3 - Improved site help.
    4 - Links Working
    5 - Map more closely integrated with user profile (eg easy to add location)
    6 - Instructor info stored in user profile and integrated to world map.
    7 - Calendar and Events done better - shown on site and integrated to forums and pre registration system.
    8 - Auto PDA template for site to help with browsing from small devices.
    9 - Forums and Reg options tweaked for all types of Rebrethers eg new forums added and tweak to inspiration in reg options - classis v vision etc.
    10 - Seperate Page with more info on our Sponsors to thank them.
    11 - Gallery reorgd (Beanie got that coming)
    12 - Library geo enabled so articles show up on world map.
    13 - Way of easily storing Video on site and accessing it.
    14 - Blogs better integrated with front page and rest of site.
    15 - RAID designed and working (will get sperate fund raiser for that)
    16 - Proper Registration system for members who want to help contributeto the site
    17 - change New Posts navigation to give various options including all, todays, and my last 5. also to individual forums / groups if possible

Add to the list please
    Last edited by schford; 15th November 2006 at 10:24.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Re: Forthcoming Big site Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by schford  View Original Post
    So get your requests in - I want to capture them all in one thread then I can work out a plan and cost it and keep the site improving.

So to kick things off

1 - Slicker Front End
    2 - Improved Menu System
    3 - Improved site help.
    4 - Links Working
    5 - Map more closely integrated with user profile (eg easy to add location)
    6 - Instructor info stored in user profile and integrated to world map.
    7 - Calendar and Events done better - shown on site and integrated to forums and pre registration system.
    8 - Auto PDA template for site to help with browsing from small devices.
    9 - Forums and Reg options tweaked for all types of Rebrethers eg new forums added and tweak to inspiration in reg options - classis v vision etc.
    10 - Seperate Page with more info on our Sponsors to thank them.
    11 - Gallery reorgd (Beanie got that coming)
    12 - Library geo enabled so articles show up on world map.
    13 - Way of easily storing Video on site and accessing it.
    14 - Blogs better integrated with front page and rest of site.

Add to the list please
    well if we do it this year I have half of the rest of the year to take off :D
    with any luck suppervising the new heating system :) and fixing up bits of the house (or destroying more of it;))
    so can work on it when not destroying or rebuilding the house

RBW Member Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy's Avatar

Pfew...when I read the title for one moment this site would continue as a used car sales site or worse....

But on a serious note I would like to be able to find my last 5 posts or so. Invision Power Board has it and i wouldn't be surprised if this engine supports it as well.
    Why? Well usually the ones you post are the ones you would like to look up. subscribing to a thread IMHO is to big a tool for that. It could be located under Quick Links right under ' Todays Posts' .

New Member Deepthought_reloaded is an unknown quantity at this point Deepthought_reloaded's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy  View Original Post
    ... I would like to be able to find my last 5 posts or so...
    I agree

I had also been thinking about a 'shopping mall' forum where people could recommend sites where they get new items. Batteries, O2 cells, Valves, Spares etc. These often get posted all over the place and can get missed.

RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Sports Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by schford  View Original Post
    4 - Links Working
    Two facets to this one, the links page that we can't access anymore, but also making links within posts visible again... :)

Hopefully will have a boring night at work tonight, so will be able to help out with a few things... :D

RBW Member aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson's Avatar
    Boris, Sentinel

Dolphin

One thing I need to add for the website improvements:

No advertisement I do not preciate pop-ups plaster all over the place.

Limited advertisement, This is one thing I liked on this site.:)

I rather pay dues than seeing what I dont want to see:D
    Keep up the excellent work!

Andreas
    Last edited by aknelson; 15th November 2006 at 02:29.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aknelson  View Original Post
    One thing I need to add for the website improvements:

No advertisement I do not preciate pop-ups plaster all over the place.

Limited advertisement, This is one thing I liked on this site.:)

I rather pay dues than seeing what I dont want to see:D
    Keep up the excellent work!

Andreas
    We will be keeping the advertising the same that is to say no popups ever.

Adverts form our sponsors at top right and front page and some google adds at bottom of threads for contextual links.

Stuart

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Hi Stuart,

Only the one change to propose - overall, I think it's an excellent site as it is.

It would be nice to be able to filter the 'New Posts' option to those forums that particularly interest me. This would be in parallel to the existing 'New Posts' option.

Cheers,

Phil

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

i would like to see a separate option for the evolution or vision inspo in the diver profile under Rebreather/s You Dive. I think the vision is a sufficiently different beast to warrent listing them separately in the profile from the inspo classic (and when referring to total fatalities for that matter). It would help me zero in as to weather an electronics issue, for instance , is a vision or clasic issue as sometimes people don't post that clearly and i would like to be able to tell from their profile.

otherwise, thanks for creating such an excellent site!

Gill Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Envy  View Original Post
    i would like to see a separate option for the evolution or vision inspo in the diver profile under Rebreather/s You Dive. I think the vision is a sufficiently different beast to warrent listing them separately in the profile from the inspo classic (and when referring to total fatalities for that matter). It would help me zero in as to weather an electronics issue, for instance , is a vision or clasic issue as sometimes people don't post that clearly and i would like to be able to tell from their profile.

otherwise, thanks for creating such an excellent site!
    Remembered your request and had it in under number 9 for ya

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast