Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: No Dema infos , yet

Banned - Threat of Litigation AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9's Avatar

Re: No Dema infos , yet

Quote Originally Posted by SINUS  View Original Post
    Thanks for your pictures. May I ask,what are the Two long silver cylindrical tubes (with Allen head) attached to the exterior of the scrubber head for ?
    Hi Wei Lan,
    They contain the batteries and ambient pressure sensors.

We use Lithium Ion Polymer Gel batteries, and found some after a lot of (destructive) testing which can stand being in helium and then suddenly depressurised, but in the safety review the conclusion was the tests are simply a sample, and there is no guarantee that all batteries of that model can withstand pressurisation. The decision was made therefore to keep them at 1 atmosphere in a vessel that cannot leak noxious products into the loop under any circumstances.

The tubes are 1.5mm thick stainless steel, tested to 1400msw, and more importantly, withstand the pressure caused if a battery is shorted and catches fire: these batteries pack a lot of energy in a small space.

We keep the ambient pressure sensors in the tubes also to reduce the risk of helium causes the pressure sensors to drift, and we also use the two tubes as a wet contact.

Alex

Rb Aficionado SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AD_ward9  View Original Post
    They contain the batteries and ambient pressure sensors.

Alex
    Roger that chum,:)

From your pictures, I see your overall RB design are very well engineered in many ways as well as unique. And not to mention must have cost you a nuke to build every things from scratch (tooling,moulding....etc).

May I know what would be the estimated cost per-unit when released into the market?.:) Thanks again.

Cheers

Wei Lan

Banned - Threat of Litigation AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SINUS  View Original Post
    Roger that chum,:)

From your pictures, I see your overall RB design are very well engineered in many ways as well as unique. And not to mention must have cost you a nuke to build every things from scratch (tooling,moulding....etc).

May I know what would be the estimated cost per-unit when released into the market?.:) Thanks again.

Cheers

Wei Lan
    Pricing is designed to be extremely competitive and accessible, but our clients would have to issue the actual numbers when they are ready: we only provide the technology/design to companies marketing and supporting the equipment.

It is very expensive to do things right. No doubt about that. All of the sports companies want things to be exclusive, so to avoid the technology becoming unique to any one rebreather manufacturer, the development is supported by millions of dollars of DL's management's own money, and five oil companies, lead by Technip (now the world's largest commercial dive company, based on last year's orders). Statoil and Nork Hydro in particular show an extremely public spirited attitude to safety, ignoring commercial competitive issues, in the interests of seeing this technology widely availble for commercial divers and to SCUBA divers.

The commercial dive system shown on the stand and in the gallery, is now forming a crucial role in bringing these safety systems to all divers. We should applaude Statoil and Norsk Hydro, as well as Technip, for leading the way in this. These are amongst the most safety conscious companies in the world.

Over the next year, we have very large expenditures in hard tooling, in parallel with the continued test and certification processes. The cost of development and tooling is so high, it makes sense to be something the industry uses rather than every company trying to produce their own. If other companies with the necessary infrastructure want to develop a better system I am all for that. The problem at the moment though is development of most rebreather controllers is without any proper infrastructure, i.e. garage or very small scale operations. This is what is holding us all back, and has resulted in the high accident rate for rebreather divers, IMHO.

Alex

Rb Aficionado SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS is a jewel in the rough SINUS's Avatar

Alex,

Thanks for the input and enlightening me on your sleek unit.

Cheers

Wei Lan

Such is my point of view 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: No Dema infos , yet

AD_ward9 (Alex)

I am a big fan of your project!

Regarding the Lithium Ion batteries...
    You might want to take a closer look at Valence Technology batteries.
    Valence - About Saphion
    This is a Lithium Ion battery that does not burn.

3,2Volt 1400mA http://www.valence.com/pdffiles/IFR18650e.pdf

3,2Volt 1100mA http://www.valence.com/pdffiles/Saphion%20Power%20Cell%20DS%20Jan06.pdf
    Last edited by 2stoned; 20th November 2006 at 14:01.

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Question Re: No Dema infos , yet

So, DEMA anyone?

Custom Title Allowed! Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law is a glorious beacon of light Barrie Law's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon  View Original Post
    So, DEMA anyone?
    Hi John,

Have a look in the 'Gallery' later this evening

Regards

Andrey Prokopenko Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless's Avatar
    none

none

A really BIG thanks for your work, guys, I feel nearly like i'm standing at the booth next to you.

Definitely will purchase DVD ( for a reasonable price of course) :)

Quote Originally Posted by 2stoned  View Original Post
    Regarding the Lithium Ion batteries...
    You might want to take a closer look at Valence Technology batteries.
    Valence - About Saphion
    This is a Lithium Ion battery that does not burn.

3,2Volt 1400mA http://www.valence.com/pdffiles/IFR18650e.pdf

3,2Volt 1100mA http://www.valence.com/pdffiles/Saphion%20Power%20Cell%20DS%20Jan06.pdf
    Thanks for your complements.
    We missed these batteries. We will get some in and test them. I will post the results in due course.

Cheers

Alex

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Smile Re: No Dema infos , yet

Quote Originally Posted by Barrie Law  View Original Post
    Hi John,

Have a look in the 'Gallery' later this evening

Regards
    There goes my evening... ;)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast