Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: No Dema infos , yet

RBW Member Jens Peter Kock is an unknown quantity at this point Jens Peter Kock's Avatar

Question No Dema infos , yet

There are a lot of useded rebreathers and parts for sale after the dema
    do these people have more infoīs ?
    didnīt see infos about new rebreathers until now
    would like to hear more esp. rebreathers done with the open revolution design
    any news from poseidon / cis-lunar ?
    thanks jp

Andrey Prokopenko Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless's Avatar
    none

none

Thumbs down Re: No Dema infos , yet

I second for DeepLife info.
    With all this info a & promises to show smth really new at DEMA and total silence after it ???

No Apeks 3 for Meg ...

So what was DEMA 2006 in terms of new equipment then; just a rambling around old or slightly "redecorated" RB models ?

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Re: No Dema infos , yet

We got video footage and interviews about everything to do with rebreathers

Will just trickle in over time - I know the guys spent some deep with Alex but every time I went over he was being swamped - it son video though...

Biggest RB news for me was how successfull the Titan launch was they sold a stack!

Also got some good footage of the new OMS RB in protype form...

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Gang,

Take a deeeeeeeep breath and just calm down. DEMA has been over for less than 15 hours. There were lots and lots of rebreathers everywhere. I will be posting pictures in the next day or so...

Dive Safe

Mark

Andrey Prokopenko Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless's Avatar
    none

none

Exclamation Re: No Dema infos , yet

Oh, that greatly changes things.

Will wait impatiently for the footage :)
    Once again Stuart, I'm pretty sure thay you did your best there, as usually. You da man :)

You see, last year i've started to think about shifting to CCR.
    But after careful review of the market, i've felt gross, because i've dealt with safety equipment manufacturing some time ago, and i didn't found even a slighthest sample of safety review for any CCR rebreather.
    (Forex: using Pentium CPU in eCCR instead of FPGA, like Titan CCR does ???
    Thanks, move along guys)

Then i've came across O.R. rebreather docs, and these magic words "HAZOP" "FMECA reports" and CASS registration were like a lightiing strike.
    Just hearing these words, it's like a honey to my engineering soul.

At last man with a right approach has appeared at the life support equipment development.

Such is my point of view 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned's Avatar

looking forward to read some write ups from the DEMA show.

Will try to be patient... Since I could not be there myself, I am very curious.

With the general quality, insight and knowledge that is presented here;
    I know that we will be in for a real treat!

Waiting....waiting...waiting...oh well....

RBW Member RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan's Avatar
    Meg

CCR Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless  View Original Post
    (Forex: using Pentium CPU in eCCR instead of FPGA, like Titan CCR does ???
    Thanks, move along guys)

Huh?, no pentium cpu there, the titan uses shearwater electronics for setpoint and deco. bubbleseekers was building a PC for underwater use but it wasnt shown at dema, just the CCR and the lights.

Bubbless Box of Death Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis's Avatar

I've got six tapes dumping right now to disk for editing. Some other footage is in an unknown state of access, but we believe it will be able to get here, and I've got one tape that may be unreadable due to alignment issues with the shooters cam (if so, that's unfixable here - but this is PRELIMINARY. I haven't given up on that one yet.)

Since I have to sit here and WATCH the captures off the media, I can tell you that there are EXTENSIVE interviews and footage of a whole bunch of rebreathers on those tapes, including the DeepLife components.

Be patient folks - the "de-junking" process, which is the first part of editing, is going to take some time, and THEN it has to be actually edited and put together into something useful. To put this in perspective there is over six hours of raw footage here (assuming all the tapes are actually full) and it has to be all watched many more times than once to do this job.....

none

none

Quote Originally Posted by RonMicjan  View Original Post
    Huh?, no pentium cpu there, the titan uses shearwater electronics for setpoint and deco. bubbleseekers was building a PC for underwater use but it wasnt shown at dema, just the CCR and the lights.
    Oh, then they do have changed their mind after all.
    Good for them, I do apologize for my stupidity.

DeepBlueInnovation Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Prism

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless  View Original Post
    Oh, then they do have changed their mind after all.
    Good for them, I do apologize for my stupidity.
    My understanding was that it was to be a secondary dive computer and not a primary monitoring device; similar to a VR3. As a codemonkey i wouldn't rely on an Intel processor for life support as you point out, however it would be good to have a dive computer as a secondary (or third ;)) that made deco a little less boring. So, I for one look forward to the release of the computer and am keen to learn more about it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast