+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Spree Expeditions: Rebreathers on livaboard dive boat sport trips

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Re: Spree Expeditions: Rebreathers on livaboard dive boat sport trips

Also, there is already a 5-day Florida Keys tech trip (rebreathers only) lined up for June '09, as well as a 5-day Florida Keys recreational wreck trip (rebreathers welcome) the following week on the SPREE. Also, a Bahamas tech trip might also be in the works for '09. Details soon to follow...

Spree Driver wookie will become famous soon enough wookie will become famous soon enough wookie will become famous soon enough wookie's Avatar

Well, I have come to believe in the dark side, although I have not placed my order for my Sentinel yet, I hope to before 2009 starts in earnest. Carrying and blending OC gas for 12 deep wreck divers is going to be a logistical nightmare over 5 days. Blending a few bank bottles for the rb guys will be a cinch. We have relaxed the depth limits for the sport trips, but not the bottom times, only because the deck crew needs a break from standing on the deck all day (they want to dive too!) I look forward to more RB only trips in the future, where we can staff to meet the needs of the divers.

A question for other charter operators/captains. Do you find that RB divers need more, less, or about the same amount of room as OC singles, OC doubles, tech divers? I don't want to crowd the dive deck with too much gear, it fits 24 OC sport divers comfortably, and we put on 12 OC tech divers in the same room. It seems that we could fit 15-18 RB divers in the same place, but I need some help here. Thanks in advance

Frank Wasson
    M/V Spree

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

couple of thoughts.

i would think the easiest way to reclaim space w/ Rebreather divers is to have a booster and gas available so they/we can reduce personal logistics< ie not everybody has to bring a mini booster and supply bottles>

tech oc up here in the northeast us means a lot of tanks, on my doria trip with capt zero on the john Jack one guy dove a vision and despite having no doubles, took up as much space as an oc guy with three sets of dubs and six stages/deco bottles. he brought multiple sets of onboard and offboard bottles however. if he had access to refills he could have brought less tanks.
    you might want to shoot capt zero an email, pm me and ill get you his address.

another observation Rebreather guys seem to have more cameras too.

but they don't seem to mind paying for service without hassle.

nice boat, hope to dive w/you someday.
    Last edited by Al Marvelli; 8th February 2008 at 07:00.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem