+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advice for Newbie Box Diver!

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar

Advice for Newbie Box Diver!

Hellooooo

Finally the my box arrival date is dawning more and more quickly... Less than 2 weeks now

I wanted to pick your brains for a moment and ask what you guys would advise a newbie Inspo diver for her course etc? Anything you think I should read, do, consider etc?

I have hijacked Beanie's CCR course books and have read and re-read again the Inspo manual and highlighted bits and pieces etc and have asked him a million and one questions, to the point he is probably getting really annoyed everytime I ask him why

So its over to your guys...

Thank you
    x

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Louby Lou

I have hijacked Beanie's CCR course books and have read and re-read again the Inspo manual and highlighted bits and pieces etc and have asked him a million and one questions, to the point he is probably getting really annoyed everytime I ask him why

Thank you
    x
    you been writing in my manuals

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanie
    you been writing in my manuals

Noooooooooooo... thats why I photocopied them at work sweetie

Team Kinky Juz has a spectacular aura about Juz has a spectacular aura about Juz has a spectacular aura about Juz has a spectacular aura about Juz has a spectacular aura about Juz has a spectacular aura about Juz's Avatar
    It's all pretty obvious stuff I guess really.

Defo read and re-read the Inspo manual, I found this much more useful than the TDI course manuals.

Of course it's paramount to be able to complete each skill, but in advance of the course, it's worth understanding WHY.

Divemoles site is worth a look too, IIRC it contains a quiz, worth taking that before the course too.
    http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/divemole.htm

Good luck, although I'm sure you wont need it, you'll breeze it!

Juz

Thank you

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Juz
    It's all pretty obvious stuff I guess really.

Defo read and re-read the Inspo manual, I found this much more useful than the TDI course manuals.

Of course it's paramount to be able to complete each skill, but in advance of the course, it's worth understanding WHY.

Divemoles site is worth a look too, IIRC it contains a quiz, worth taking that before the course too.
    http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/divemole.htm

Good luck, although I'm sure you wont need it, you'll breeze it!

Juz
    Something I found very helpful on divemole page was the checkoff list of what topics should be covered in training. I used it to review items I had not thoroughly understood or I felt had not been covered in enough detail. I probably drove my instructor crazy too.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar
    Why not Skype/MSN Helen - you could test each other...

Quote Originally Posted by Mdemon
    Why not Skype/MSN Helen - you could test each other...
    Arh now there's an idea...

Thank you Sweetie

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    Miss Lou,

One thing I would make note of, which seems to really surprise new re-breather divers, is that your bouyancy will be all over the map for a while.

Don't be disappointed or discouraged. You have to re-train your muscle memory, and your automatic responses. You'll get there! It will just take a little practice.

You seem to be in every way well prepared for this. I'm sure you will do extremely well on your journey to the "Dark Side" of diving!

Cheers!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ROB DAVIE
    Miss Lou,

One thing I would make note of, which seems to really surprise new re-breather divers, is that your bouyancy will be all over the map for a while.

Don't be disappointed or discouraged. You have to re-train your muscle memory, and your automatic responses. You'll get there! It will just take a little practice.

You seem to be in every way well prepared for this. I'm sure you will do extremely well on your journey to the "Dark Side" of diving!

Cheers!

Rob
    He he.. thanks Rob

Knowing that my buoyancy is going to be shot to pieces, has allowed me to finally come to terms with the idea that for the foreseeable future I am going to spend my diving hours, face down in the silt

Thanks for all your advice guys... this weekend I shall mainly be found holed up at home with a bottle of red and with my head in my CCR books whilst my darling boyfriend and my friends all play at Pure Inspiration without me

Oh well only a week and a day or 2 to go

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast