+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Potential Sorb Issues?

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Potential Sorb Issues?

Hello all. All this recent scrubber talk has reminded me how much most of us count on sorb to do it's job in our RBs. So I started to think again about all the different ways that sorb can be defective or damaged before it gets to us end users.

There's all the usual stuff, like excessive shock/dusting, temp extremes, out of date...

Any other potential problems anybody has run across?

After all the sorb I've gone through on RBs-mostly Sofno and Sodasorb-I'm frankly amazed nothing else has ever come up other than the occaisional need to strain out some dusty stuff from the bottom of a beat up tub. It always seems to do the job even after sitting in the freezing cargo hold of a plane for 24 hrs. It works so consistantly that I think I'm starting to feel a little heat from the end of the complacency demon's pitchfork...

Anybody had a close call with compromised sorb?

Thanks, -Andy

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Re: Potential Sorb Issues?

Here's another question, does sorb ever come from the factory improperly formulated? Thanks, -Andy

RBW Member aki will become famous soon enough aki will become famous soon enough aki will become famous soon enough aki's Avatar

I noticed that Molecular Products have changed their Sofnolime canisters and as far as I did see they're more tightly packed than in the past. Old canisters are few centimeters taller than the new ones. I'm not sure if the size reduction is to preserve the lime as intact as possible or if there is another reason, but this would sound a reasonable thing to do.

--
    Aki

New Member Pugwash is on a distinguished road Pugwash is on a distinguished road Pugwash's Avatar

Probably to save a few cents on the cost of the can - when purchasing by the multi-thousand a few cents saved per unit add up.

+ Reply to Thread