+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A new recruit.

New Member Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary's Avatar

A new recruit.

Hi folks,

Thought I'd come and do the done thing and introduce myself, some of you I already know and may even have dived with (including unfortunately Digger - if you have teenage daughters lock them away now!).

I started diving at uni due to lack of holiday time in medical school so I couldn't get enough sking in and it's now overtaken sking and more.... Somewhat like Janos I too am about to part with some hard earned cash (well actually not sooo hard earned whilst his is mortgage cash mine will be from house selling :D ). I've reached crunch point where all the kit i have was bought on the cheap or second hand whilst at uni. I started thinking about breathers as I need upgrade everything massively, which will of course cost a bob or two (not the normal route i do realise), and then came round to thinking why not pre-empt myself by a couple of years and go straight to a box instead of actually properly sorting my current bodgejob of a twinset.

I would love to come and lurk and learn lots more (including no doubt everyone's opinion on which is best and why....... I'm currently favouring the evo), so hope you'll have me.

Mary

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Welcome Mary

Nice to have you come join us...

I can feel the need for an article comparing rebreathers is really needed...

Caveseeker7 - fancy a collaboration on this?

Stuart

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by Mary
    ... some of you I already know and may even have dived with (including unfortunately Digger - if you have teenage daughters lock them away now!).
    And I'm not even in the country.
    If you are a teenage daughter and have an attractive mother, make sure she locks the door from the inside once I visist. :p

I would love to come and lurk and learn lots more (including no doubt everyone's opinion on which is best and why....... I'm currently favouring the evo), so hope you'll have me.
    Hi Mary, welcome aboard, you picked a good place to start.
    Between the forums and the articles we will have plenty of information, discussion and fun. Not all that much on the Evo yet, but once it will actually be available I'm sure feedback will come in fast.

Other small sized units (if that's what you like about the Evo) are the MiniMeg and SportKiss.

Stefan

New Member Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary has a spectacular aura about Mary's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    Other small sized units (if that's what you like about the Evo) are the MiniMeg and SportKiss.
    Spot on! Having tried an inspiration I found it massive certainly a big jump sizewise from my 300 7s. As I'm more on the sports end of the scale (35m UK, 50 in the blue), i don't need the extended range of the bigger units. It's unlikely I will ever progress to deep and dark for a start i like fish too much ;)

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    I can feel the need for an article comparing rebreathers is really needed...
    Caveseeker7 - fancy a collaboration on this?
    Just collecting comparable data?

Sure, although Ron already has a pretty good comparisson that could be used as a basis. I'd gladly help make sure data is current and maybe think up a new category or two for comaprisson.

But actually rating features, discussing pros and cons, that sort of thing usually ends up in flame throwing and name calling and will keep some people away that I would love to see join us. It's a very touchy subject.

Besides, only few divers have like experience on several units, and probably no one all of them, so that will always be a very subjective discussion. Aside from different needs of individual divers.

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

It's unlikely I will ever progress to deep and dark for a start i like fish too much ;)
    That's probably what Richard Pyle's parents though when he took up diving. :D

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    Good Points Stefan lets keep it objective and see if Ron fancies an update on the original article....

Stuart

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Good Points Stefan lets keep it objective and see if Ron fancies an update on the original article....
    It's more of a table for comparison, and I believe he even has it available for download as an excel file.

IANTD had a like table in a Nitrox Diver issue a while back. Nice to compare features easily, which ones the reader terms important is up them. Issues like testing, loop recovery and such will come up in forums or articles anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    That's probably what Richard Pyle's parents though when he took up diving. :D
    There's just something about the adult size nappies that disturbs me slightly ;)

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

There's just something about the adult size nappies that disturbs me slightly ;)
    Me too, Mary. Then again, my name isn't pyle. ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast