+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Off Board Gas for BC Inflation

New Member Simon Ciantar is an unknown quantity at this point Simon Ciantar's Avatar

Off Board Gas for BC Inflation

Hi guys ,

I wonder if any of you can help me . I have had a rather unsettling experience this week when whilst recovering a lost stage bottle at75 mtrs I ended up almost with no Diluent due to BC inflation [as i had three cylinders to carry around ]

I was wondering whether there is some method of connecting a direct feed to the inspiration's inflation hose maybe with a seperate inflation button, some sort of T piece attached to the BC maybe ? ... is it at all possible ....

thks

Simon

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Re: Off Board Gas for BC Inflation

Simon,
    If you ring AP they'll sell you an extra long (any length you want) hose for the BC inflator (it's a funny one for an autoair) that you can attatch to your stage and then connect up to the BC inflator if you need it (keep it cleaned and test it often though).
    The other answer is to get a lifting bag and use some of the gas in the recovered cylinders to inflate it!

Simon A

Evolving 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB is just really nice 01RMB's Avatar
    Evolution

The other option I have been toying with is to use one of the APD offboard connection sets connected to the DIL bar so that you can connect either offboard or the onboard to everything and not change the way you dive and act in an emerency.

This way you can use gas from either offboard or onboard and everything works exactly the same (BC inflator, Auto air, ADV, manual add and BOV if fitted). The problem is how to select either onboard or offboard for the supply - Do you use the tank valves and only turn on the one needed, do you have the same gas in both onboard and offboard and use gas from both, or do you put shut off valves in each of the lines? If you set the IP of the offboard to be lower than the onboard then gas won't drain into the onboard and the one way valve in the APD fittings will stop the onboard gas from flowing back into the offboard tank.

There are a lot of different opinions as to the best way to do this but which ever way you go you just need to ensure that anything that is done does not create more problems than is solved. Everything must be instinctive and must require the same actions in an emergency no matter the configuration (ie offboard connected or offboard not connected).

New Member Simon Ciantar is an unknown quantity at this point Simon Ciantar's Avatar

Thks guys , i guess ill phone up AP then

Simon

+ Reply to Thread