+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rebreather Week in Dominican Republic April 16th - April 21st 2007

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar

Rebreather Week in Dominican Republic April 16th - April 21st 2007

On behalf of Ron Micjan

All Right, here we go again!!

Silent Seas Rebreather week was a great sucess in 2006 and now the dates are set for 2007. The week will be from April 16th to April 21st, but hold on to your counterlungs...right after that week will be another awesome week of wreck diving at Pirates Cove dive center in warm sunny Republica Dominica. Remember, this is the land of Christopher Columbus, there are more ships sunk here than you can shake a stick at. The island is also home to some large cave systems, that are just beginning to be explored. Do one week, or do both, but DO something!!:D

See my trip report from 2006 here Pirates Cove Article, by Ron Micjan on RBW

Please come join PattiMegDiver, myself, and a whole cast of characters from the rebreather community for a week of awesome, warm and clear water, diving at www.piratescovedivecenter.com in the Dominican Republic, located in the Carribean Sea near Cuba. In addition to the great diving, there will be evening seminars, presentations and great door prizes from the "who's who" of the rebreather industry (and me too!) Its too soon to say who will be showing up for sure, but with as much fun as we had last year, I expect the speakers and divers will be plentiful. I will update the players as I receive notification, so check back to this post often.

This is seriously no limits diving here folks, run times of 3 hours, incredible reefs that have had no diver pressure, a crew that works hard constantly with big smiles and helping hands, plenty of mixed gas, scrubber and great food.

Contact Pirates Cove dive center to get your spot booked soon, this is the one "gotta do" trip for next year.

Airport to fly into is Santo Domingo, (SDQ)

Susan Heinz
    Event Coordination

Pirate's Cove Dive Center
    www.piratescovedivecenter.com
    susanne@piratescovedivecenter.com
    Tel. 809-417-4257
    Tel. 809-223-1070

Last edited by Louby Lou; 24th June 2006 at 09:49.

RBW Member Uwe Rath is an unknown quantity at this point Uwe Rath's Avatar

Re: Rebreather Week in Dominican Republic April 16th - April 21st 2007

Rebreather Week 2007 " Silent Seas " Schedule.
    Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

New Member karin schwitzki is an unknown quantity at this point karin schwitzki's Avatar

Hello to all rebreather divers

I just make my training on a Inspiration rebreather and like it much.

After the course I will dive warm water and look in for the Dominican Republik this winter.

Rebreather Week with this dive center sound good. Is it also for divers with not so much experience? Can somebody tell me what is in the water there? Is it nice? Fishes and korals? Has somebody dived there and has knowledge about the service? Thank you.

Greetings
    Karin

Hallo an alle Rebreather Taucher,

I absolviere gerade mein Training mit einem Inspiration Rebreather.

Nach dem Kurs möchte ich gerne etwas in wärmeren Wasser tauchen und habe dafür die Dominikanische Republik ins Auge gefaßt.

Die Rebreather Week mit der Tauchbasis hört sich gut an. Ist es auch für Taucher mit nicht so viel Erfahrung geeignet? Kann mir jemand etwas über das Gewässer dort erzählen, was ich dort erwarten kann. Ist es schön dort? Wie sieht es mit Fischen und Korallen aus? War schon mal jemand da zum Tauchen und kann mir etwas zum Service erzählen? Vielen Dank im Voraus.

Liebe Grüße
    Karin

RBW Member ScubaG is an unknown quantity at this point ScubaG's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Rebreather Week in Dominican Republic April 16th - April 21st 2007

I got certified at Rebreather Week this year, had a blast.
    The dive center is the best in the DR with only the best equipment.
    They also have a bunch of 2 and 3l cylinders, so you don't have to travel with cylinders or sofnolime. Just let them know what you need they'll arrange it.

The boats are the best in the Dominican Republic and the staff first class. You do not need to lift a finger , they almost dress you.
    Uwe and Susan are real knolagable and proffesional people, you will arrive as a customer and leave as family.

You can dive wrecks , reefs and caves, all real close to the dive center.
    Also do deep or shallow dives, you just tell them what you like they can get you there.

New Member karin schwitzki is an unknown quantity at this point karin schwitzki's Avatar

Hello ScubaG,

thank you very much for your information. It is good to know from someone have been there. That make my decision simple.:D

I will go there alone, you think they guide me?

Is some body else going there?

Hopeful see you there.
    Karin

RBW Member RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan's Avatar
    Meg

CCR Dolphin

there will be dives available for all levels of RB diver, have no fear :D

3 boats, and also RIBs to fetch you if you come up off the line, reefs, wrecks excellent visibility and 80+ degree water. Read my article on last years trip here

RBW Member Uwe Rath is an unknown quantity at this point Uwe Rath's Avatar

Hallo Karin,
    vielen Dank fuer Dein Interesse am Rebreather Tauchen mit Pirates Cove in der Dominikanischen Republik.
    Wir koennen Dir alles bieten was das Taucherherz begehrt.
    Von wunderschoenen Riffen in allen Tiefen, bis zum allerfeinsten Wracktauchen.
    Rental Equipment, oder entsprechende Tanks sind ebenfalls vorhanden, damit das Reisen angenehmer wird.
    Schreibe uns einfach eine Mail, damit wir Dir Deine speziellen Fragen beantworten koennen.
    Mit Sicherheit wird aber auch noch der ein oder andere
    Rebreather Taucher seine Erfahrungen mit Pirates Cove Dir mitteilen.
    Schaue auch den Trip Report von unserem Freund Ron.

Viele Gruesse

UWE RATH

CCR Instructor devilgas is an unknown quantity at this point devilgas's Avatar

If Ron goes, then I'll have someone to hold my hand again

Must say, fans of black coral so big you can't get near the reef, is amazing. And that's in just 80ft of water in front of the resort.

RBW Member RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan has a reputation beyond repute RonMicjan's Avatar
    Meg

CCR Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by devilgas
    If Ron goes, then I'll have someone to hold my hand again
    Folks, by that, Bill means that he knows I will be bringing Patti and Patti can hold his hand when the big scary nudibranch comes by...

Bill, I went by the "no such agency" last month when I was in DC and mentioned your name to get it...funny thing, after that they made me wear this funky strobe light. I thought you knew people... :D

Meg

CCR Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe Rath
    Hallo Karin,
    vielen Dank fuer Dein Interesse am Rebreather Tauchen mit Pirates Cove in der Dominikanischen Republik.
    Wir koennen Dir alles bieten was das Taucherherz begehrt.
    Von wunderschoenen Riffen in allen Tiefen, bis zum allerfeinsten Wracktauchen.
    Rental Equipment, oder entsprechende Tanks sind ebenfalls vorhanden, damit das Reisen angenehmer wird.
    Schreibe uns einfach eine Mail, damit wir Dir Deine speziellen Fragen beantworten koennen.
    Mit Sicherheit wird aber auch noch der ein oder andere
    Rebreather Taucher seine Erfahrungen mit Pirates Cove Dir mitteilen.
    Schaue auch den Trip Report von unserem Freund Ron.
    Viele Gruesse
    UWE RATH
    think i will have a go at this

thanks for your interest in RBW at DR
    we have everything your heart desires
    great reefs and wrecks
    We got lots of gear to use
    email us for with questions
    look for what others have said
    check out the report from our buddy Ron

thanks, UWE

how'd I do?