+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drysuit inflation

RBW Member moteman is an unknown quantity at this point moteman's Avatar
    Optima

Re: Drysuit inflation

Skipbreather, you make excellent points, this is why I have wing plumbed to onboard dil and DS to BO tank. This way I have two separate and independent systems for buoyancy systems. If I need to I can also plug in my BO to off board whip to provide air to wing. So I have both redundant and back up systems.

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Single failpoint, yes, but if it fails,I switch to a bail out, as all bail outs have a bcd connection.

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Wing connected to onboard diluent. Drysuit on a 1 liter bottle and all my BO regs have a bcd quick connect that allows me to hook it up to anything, even to the reb thru the mav block.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Wizard of War

Photographer & Journalist John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini Hybrid

If it doesn't have suit feed bleeding it down, bailout can remain intact over a series of dives.

Run a few dives with suit feed attached to bailout, and sooner or later you end up starting a dive with less bailout than you should.

I prefer to use my main dil if there is no helium in it, or a dedicated suit feed if my dil contains helium.

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

^this

I use my suit for my main buoyancy control and the wing is backup.

Most of my dives are with open circuit friends, less than 100ft, with air dil. I use the dil for BC and suit inflation. I have a Y in the dil feed to the wing and have an additional BCD connector to the suit.

Greater than 100ft I choose to have helium in the dil and use a dedicated suit inflation cylinder with air or argon (I know, argon is a waste of time, but my brain says I'm warmer). For normoxic trimix I usually use the dill to inflate my wing to keep things simple. Again, I don't use my wing very much.

The few times I have used an hypoxic mix was in warm water, diving wet. The set up changed: The ADV was turned off and I used the onboard air dil for wing inflation only, but could manually add onboard dil when shallow if necessary. The hypoxic trimix dil/bailout was manually added via an off board connection. The reasoning behind doing this was that we were in a remote location and helium was very expensive. A bottle each of deep, intermediate and 50% mixes where concocted just once at the beginning of the trip and we dived for the entire time without making new gas. The onboard dill bottles were filled with air at least once a day from the boat's compressor to keep them filled for wing inflation.

Banned sailor is on a distinguished road sailor is on a distinguished road sailor's Avatar
    TR300c hCCR, Ray mCCR

Dolphin, Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    Single failpoint, yes, but if it fails,I switch to a bail out, as all bail outs have a bcd connection.
    What skipbreather is saying, try to switch ( plug in ) an alternate source with bcd connection quickly when under stress and descending fast and running out of options. That's not gonna work out.

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by sailor  View Original Post
    What skipbreather is saying, try to switch ( plug in ) an alternate source with bcd connection quickly when under stress and descending fast and running out of options. That's not gonna work out.
    I agree. I wouldn’t consider suit and bcd on same source. So easy to do otherwise.

I use an off board BO tank that has no He for suit unless on a very big dive, then I use a wee suit bottle. I run my bcd from my on board dil. It always has He in it, but as I use my suit for trim, it last for many dives.

If I am on a big dive I also run a wee tank of O2 for redundancy. I have used that to supliment my suit gas when it runs out.

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Quote Originally Posted by sailor  View Original Post
    Already have, its not a big deal if you train for it

Meg

KISS

plus, unless you really really screwed up and wound up seriously negative, you dont descend that quickly

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg + sidewinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    Already have, its not a big deal if you train for it
    Running all buoyancy off the same large cylinder of air has been pointed out to you as flawed and against basic principles of redundancy many times. The fact that you repudiate longstanding practices and avoid putting trimix in your wing to save a dollar or two is telling. While it continues to work for you, so far, the rest of us don't follow the bottom up and down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast