+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chinese carbon Tank

RBW Member airb is an unknown quantity at this point airb's Avatar
    rEvo 3 St

Chinese carbon Tank

Dear all,

Just wondering if anybody have some (god or bad) experience with carbon tanks available on Alibaba or aliexpress ?

They announce CE certification but knowing the Chinese I'm not sue it's very reliable ...

Tx for the feedback

Rgds form belgium

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Re: Chinese carbon Tank

RBW Member ECho is on a distinguished road ECho is on a distinguished road ECho's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

Meg

Interestingly, Iíve not found anywhere in that thread where there was a report of quality issues with the bottles in question... mainly just conjecture about about them...

Just my two cents...

RBW Member airb is an unknown quantity at this point airb's Avatar
    rEvo 3 St

@ Gob - tx for the link but it's a long discussion about legal ...

I don't care so much about the certification - Just want to know if anybody have one of those Chinese tank and if he has any issue with them or is just happy about it.

Tx

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg + sidewinder

Quote Originally Posted by ECho  View Original Post
    Interestingly, Iíve not found anywhere in that thread where there was a report of quality issues with the bottles in question... mainly just conjecture about about them...

Just my two cents...
    There don't seem to be any reports of them failing, but then again most of the failures of conventional tanks are not widely publicized either.

RBW Member ECho is on a distinguished road ECho is on a distinguished road ECho's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    There don't seem to be any reports of them failing, but then again most of the failures of conventional tanks are not widely publicized either.
    This is, unfortunately, all too true...

RBW Member alexberger is an unknown quantity at this point alexberger's Avatar
    inspo

Quote Originally Posted by airb  View Original Post
    @ Gob - tx for the link but it's a long discussion about legal ...

I don't care so much about the certification - Just want to know if anybody have one of those Chinese tank and if he has any issue with them or is just happy about it.

Tx
    so one problem is they are very buoyant,and if you get any small cracks in the carbon the alu tank starts to corrode. this happens on the neck of the tank to and is hard to spot.and cos its cheap you get 1-2 years warranty.and you will have to rubbish it after 2-3 years.filling stations may also refuse to fill them.but if you fill them yourself you may blowup your house my 2 cents

RBW Member markdol2 is an unknown quantity at this point markdol2's Avatar
    hammerhead extreeme

Wink Re: Chinese carbon Tank

Are you serious? Please anyone tell me the last thing they bought from china that was NOT crap! Please spend money on quality life support items. We can save a buck on other areas.I see theese bottles being dumped in almost every market.I have spoken to ebay and told them they are not CE, DOT or CTC certified and cannot be filled anywhere in theese countries.The companies selling the cylinders,steel or composite would not or were vauge about Sending me Manufacturer specifications or documentation of testing reports with 1 blaming it on language of contracts [ sic]. What we do is dicey to begin with so please go with we can trust and support those economies! Dive safe. Happy new year!
    Last edited by markdol2; 1st January 2018 at 02:43.

RBW Member ColdWaterHusky is an unknown quantity at this point ColdWaterHusky's Avatar
    rEvo III

I can't seem to find the thread, but I recall someone uncovering that those tanks were the disposable O2 tanks used for climbing the Himalayas. Not sure I'd want to be using disposable tanks designed for <1 atm. If I can find the thread, I'll link it here.

RBW Member markdol2 is an unknown quantity at this point markdol2's Avatar
    hammerhead extreeme

Quote Originally Posted by ColdWaterHusky  View Original Post
    I can't seem to find the thread, but I recall someone uncovering that those tanks were the disposable O2 tanks used for climbing the Himalayas. Not sure I'd want to be using disposable tanks designed for <1 atm. If I can find the thread, I'll link it here.
    The ones i speak of are targeted directly for the rebreather market.I think i have seen ones similar to ones you might be referring to ,they are super thin .walmart and such stores sell them as flavored OXYGEN for using during workouts and sporting activities. Maybe i am wrong. Dive safe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast