+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using the Divesoft BOV?

Paul Daniels eXile is on a distinguished road eXile is on a distinguished road eXile's Avatar
    Davis Station, Antarctica(Usually Jervis Bay, Australia)
    Ouroboros #107

Classic Inspo, Ray, Homebuild

Anyone using the Divesoft BOV?

Hi all,

Just wanted some opinions from anyone using the divesoft BOV. I am looking to fit one to my ouroboros to go with my Panorama FFM. It's realistically a toss up between this and a shrimp but the divesoft is considerablly more expensive in Australia so I just want some opinions on performace, drag scootering etc.

What do people think?

Paul

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Re: Anyone using the Divesoft BOV?

Yes, has anybody on here bought a Divesoft BOV?

I’m looking at it in comparison to the Golem Shrimp, and I don’t know if I believe the reviewer’s assertion that it’s WOB is higher than the Divesoft, based on the Divesoft review link that was posted on here awhile back. The reviewer also speculated that OC diaphragm in the Divesoft being made of a different material made it pass CE and have a lower OC WOB. The thread in which that link was posted contained a few questions which went unanswered by the manufacturer, like whether or not the Divesoft BOV can be fitted with a P-Port for use on a Panorama FFM. I am also interested to know if the Divesoft BOV has a similar shape to the Golem on the diver side, which makes for a chin rest as the Shrimp has. I could not tell from the pictures of the Divesoft that I could find on the inter-web...

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

I Will post some pictures later, not at home for the moment. I have a divesoft but not sure or I will keep it. Might go back to just the dsv.

Had a Shrimp before...is the wob better, yes I guess so but not I a way where you can say it's a huge difference. But maybe I am not the right person to judge, I dived with the shrimp, then a revo dsv for a year and now the divesoft.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    I Will post some pictures later, not at home for the moment. I have a divesoft but not sure or I will keep it. Might go back to just the dsv.

Had a Shrimp before...is the wob better, yes I guess so but not I a way where you can say it's a huge difference. But maybe I am not the right person to judge, I dived with the shrimp, then a revo dsv for a year and now the divesoft.

Thanks for the info. Can you tell us first why you are considering going back to your DSV?

Also, does the Divesoft have a similar “chin rest” shape on the diver side of the body?

And, is there anything you prefer about the Shrimp?

Paul Daniels eXile is on a distinguished road eXile is on a distinguished road eXile's Avatar
    Davis Station, Antarctica(Usually Jervis Bay, Australia)
    Ouroboros #107

Classic Inspo, Ray, Homebuild

When I asked divesoft about p-port they do make a BOV with one but as far as I could tell it wasn't interchangeable with a normal mouthpiece like the shrimp is.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

The only reason to go back to a dsv would be simplicity.

No chin rest but it 's easy to put something there, place enough. I don't use it because I use the revo gag strap on it.

The attachment of the hoses to the shrimp is very easy . Also easy on the divesoft, just not as easy as the shrimp:)

rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Prism

Dolphin

Thanks very much for the info and pictures.

Anybody seen the FFM version of the Divesoft BOV?

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

Hi,
    I have the Divesoft BOV. I really like it. I haven't used the Shrimp so I can't say if it is better or now, but from the photos i have seen it is smaller.

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Hi Paul, The BOV is nice, compact and very easy to breath. They did adapters for Inspo, JJ, and also Cooper Hoses!

Best,
    Nad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast