+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hollis BOV on Prism 1

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Hollis BOV on Prism 1

Hello all, anybody with a P1 tried this? I know the loop flow direction is opposite, but I saw a thread where that was sorted out. The flappers on the P1 DSV can be reversed, so maybe I can use them on the Hollis BOV and it's as easy as that. Supposedly the hose diameters are the same, so maybe I can even keep those great brass hose weights! Your thoughts? -Andy

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Hollis BOV on Prism 1

Hi Andy,

Can't say I have. I'm sure somebody has done it. Those brass weights sure worked nice.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Hi Andy,

Can't say I have. I'm sure somebody has done it. Those brass weights sure worked nice.

Best regards,
    Hi Chett, I hope so. Do you know if the hose diameter on both P1/2 is the same or not? That would at least give me some idea of how feasible it is, even if no one else has done it yet…

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Hi Chett, I hope so. Do you know if the hose diameter on both P1/2 is the same or not? That would at least give me some idea of how feasible it is, even if no one else has done it yet…
    Call Shas...

Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    Call Shas...
    I did, she did not know if Hollis uses the same size hoses as P1. If they do, hopefully I can use the P1 flappers and just reverse them, and maybe use the brass dsv hose weights too. If not, worst case and the Hollis hoses are bigger, I will the get BOV and Hollis hoses. They would be easy enough to fit over the P1 connectors. There appears to be a thread here on RBW on how to reverse the gas flow direction in the BOV if I can't fit the P1 flappers.

Of course any first hand experience would be much appreciated!

RBW Member maxguru is an unknown quantity at this point maxguru's Avatar

Don't have any experience with a P1, but I do have a good bit of experience with the Hollis BOV. It's my least favorite piece of gear of all time. Hopefully, it's the one piece of gear that Hollis won't start manufacturing again when they get the rebreather production going again.

Do you *have* to use a Hollis BOV? Could you use a Shrimp instead?

m

Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by maxguru  View Original Post
    Don't have any experience with a P1, but I do have a good bit of experience with the Hollis BOV. It's my least favorite piece of gear of all time. Hopefully, it's the one piece of gear that Hollis won't start manufacturing again when they get the rebreather production going again.

m
    Not sure yet, checking the possibilities.

Why is the Hollis BOV your least favorite piece of gear?

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

m
    What trouble did you have with yours?, I loved mine, and it worked well, but I think the early ones had issues.

As far as I worked out, it doesn’t reverse direction easily without matching up new mushroom holders and adding a bit more dead space, but I may be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

m
    And just to add to that, the shrimp can be purchased with either direction of flow.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

I have a p1 tried the hollis pita I went back to the GG.. and use the hollis on my dolphin.... but even the dolphin works better with a converted kiss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast