+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 ... LastLast

Thread: HammerHead Revisions and Issues

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Re: HammerHead Revisions and Issues

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers
    last time I measured without firing, it was 16mA working, 400microA sleeping

regards
    paul
    WOW, thats a big change for the better... the older units definately draw more.. so now the old "warm" endurance numbers should be attainable for colder water..
    Last edited by jradomski; 2nd August 2006 at 11:34.
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

RBW Member Tecdiverfl is an unknown quantity at this point Tecdiverfl's Avatar

The two times my unit did reboot was on ascent. It seemed to work better on a Saft and not reboot then on the AA.

Marty

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski
    WOW, thats a big change for the better... the older units definately draw more.. so now the old "warm" endurance numbers should be attainable for colder water..
    ah, ofcourse, forgot to mention: current drain was 16mA and 0.4mA with 3.6 lith batt

with a 1.5V, should be much higher, like 40mA

regards
    paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers
    ah, ofcourse, forgot to mention: current drain was 16mA and 0.4mA with 3.6 lith batt

with a 1.5V, should be much higher, like 40mA

regards
    paul

Ok makes sense... I was basing everything on a 1.5 volt type cell since thats what they were asking about.. The current drain will be less then half for the lithium cell..

For the 3.6 cells the converter will run more efficient (most of the time it should be well above 90%) since the needed voltage is close to the supply voltage, and the derating of the cells will be less because the avg current draw is less.. ALso the available charge difference between 0C and 21c on a lithium cell is not significant.
    Last edited by jradomski; 2nd August 2006 at 16:29.
    Joe Radomski

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Do to requests fom several people, I will be evaluating AI sensors for use in the HH.. I recently received several sensors and will post feedback here..

I decided to test the psr-11-39-MHD instead of the psr-11-39-MD..

The MD is listed as the direct substitute for the R22d, but the guaranteed lower end would be marginal on the HH, The MHD is guaranteed to be at least 9.0 mV in air..

The batch of sensors I just received are all around 11mv in air and showed good linearity to over a PO2 of 2..
    Joe Radomski

RBW Member Claudio is an unknown quantity at this point Claudio's Avatar
    Hammerhead CCR

APD Inspiration

Hi Joe,
    The corrosion of the aluminiun-nikel handsets is self-limited, like you says ?...." Something that people may not realize, is that the exposed area if left alone will stop corroding and bubbling.. aluminum oxide will form and that ends the corrosion, if the al oxide is cleaned off, fresh al is exposed.. it has to form again").
    I know very well that the corrosion on aluminum bottles is self-limited because the first oxide layer isolates the metal under, but after the first experiences with my HH it seems of being able to say the contrary: it continues without pause and to my opinion in a short time in the boxes them they will be formed of the holes…
    I still waited for an answer from the JM, meantime I attend a your opinion. The aesthetic aspect interests to me little, even if it is not beautiful makes yourself to see in turn with the two handset that they seem eats from the rats (… I waited for the comments of the guys that possess the Vision...), but I'm very preoccupied for the functionality!!. With regard to electroconductive grease (mgchemicals), what you tasks? better what one to carbon or that one to silver?
    Claudio
    Last edited by Claudio; 4th August 2006 at 15:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecdiverfl
    The two times my unit did reboot was on ascent. It seemed to work better on a Saft and not reboot then on the AA.

Marty
    then it was most likely a contact issue NOT a battery life issue.. Flatting the threads (and making sure the cap is real tight) should have solved it..
    Joe Radomski

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio
    Hi Joe,
    The corrosion of the aluminiun-nikel handsets is self-limited, like you says ?...." Something that people may not realize, is that the exposed area if left alone will stop corroding and bubbling.. aluminum oxide will form and that ends the corrosion, if the al oxide is cleaned off, fresh al is exposed.. it has to form again").
    I know very well that the corrosion on aluminum bottles is self-limited because the first oxide layer isolates the metal under, but after the first experiences with my HH it seems of being able to say the contrary: it continues without pause and to my opinion in a short time in the boxes them they will be formed of the holes…
    I still waited for an answer from the JM, meantime I attend a your opinion. The aesthetic aspect interests to me little, even if it is not beautiful makes yourself to see in turn with the two handset that they seem eats from the rats (… I waited for the comments of the guys that possess the Vision...), but I'm very preoccupied for the functionality!!. With regard to electroconductive grease (mgchemicals), what you tasks? better what one to carbon or that one to silver?
    Claudio
    I have used both, Silver is the better conductor, but it degrades over time, the carbon has a higher initial resistance but doesnt change.. Either will work..

BTW KJ is away this week so try and contact him next week..
    Joe Radomski

RBW Member Claudio is an unknown quantity at this point Claudio's Avatar
    Hammerhead CCR

APD Inspiration

Joe
    I do not well understand what I mean “Flatting the threads”. I have some problem with English, above all to understand the “ways to say” of your language. However I have not made it and up to now I have not used the electrocondutive grease. I would want to know if the problem of the insufficient duration of the alkaline betteries, as I have already said you, and that one of the unexpected and unforeseeable reboot of the units (to me has happened above all with the secondary one), can have been caused both from this, that is from elevated electrical resistance in the battery negative that communicates with the screw cap of the battery; when the voltage of the alkaline battery is lowered, the electrical resistance too much elevated still lowers it… too much -… possible?
    Claudio
    Last edited by Claudio; 4th August 2006 at 20:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio
    Joe
    I do not well understand what I mean “Flatting the threads”. I have some problem with English, above all to understand the “ways to say” of your language. However I have not made it and up to now I have not used the electrocondutive grease. I would want to know if the problem of the insufficient duration of the alkaline betteries, as I have already said you, and that one of the unexpected and unforeseeable reboot of the units (to me has happened above all with the secondary one), can have been caused both from this, that is from elevated electrical resistance in the battery negative that communicates with the screw cap of the battery; when the voltage of the alkaline battery is lowered, the electrical resistance too much elevated still lowers it… too much -… possible?
    Claudio
    use a pair of pliers (picture attached) and squeeze down on the threads of the battery cap at 4 different spots (12 oclock, 3, 6, and 9 positions), This will make the battery cap make better contact with the case by increasing the contact area with the case..

Reboots when changing depth this will stop.. if you have poor contact, that results in increasing the resistance this should also help..
    Attached Images
    Joe Radomski