+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prism trim weighting ?

Cool Prism trim weighting ?

I have been diving my prism for about 6 months and still trying to dial in the weighting for trim.

I have been moving more of the weight down low to get my head up just a little. I'm needing 18lb in heavy underwear and have all of it down low now, waist belt, stand and butt plate.

Seems odd from what I have read. As most seem to need weight higher up in the cl's or top of the cylinders.

Any comments from experienced prism divers would be appreciated.

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Re: Prism trim weighting ?

Quote Originally Posted by A878bob  View Original Post
    I have been diving my prism for about 6 months and still trying to dial in the weighting for trim.

I have been moving more of the weight down low to get my head up just a little. I'm needing 18lb in heavy underwear and have all of it down low now, waist belt, stand and butt plate.

Seems odd from what I have read. As most seem to need weight higher up in the cl's or top of the cylinders.

Any comments from experienced prism divers would be appreciated.
    Is this typical for you in OC? Some body types trim differently. Or could it be you have positively buoyant fins?

On the Prism I'm naturally foot heavy and needed trimmed to bring my head down.

Regards,
    Cameron

In OC I'm pretty much fifty/fifty. And have been diving the same fins without problems with singles, doubles and SM.

So being top heavy is something new for me.

RBW Member Concerned Diver is an unknown quantity at this point Concerned Diver's Avatar
    Prism II

Quote Originally Posted by A878bob  View Original Post
    In OC I'm pretty much fifty/fifty. And have been diving the same fins without problems with singles, doubles and SM.

So being top heavy is something new for me.

I was having the same issue. Constantly fighting to keep my head up.
    I added some trim wt pockets. I put my gauges in them when I'm storage just for an extra protection.

I also added some quick release pockets to the waste band. I currently don't use any weight in the lungs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I like the trim weights on the bottom of the cylinders. I may try that in exchange for the weight in my buttplate.

RBW Member Concerned Diver is an unknown quantity at this point Concerned Diver's Avatar
    Prism II

It does make it harder to tighten the dil and o2 but that's a minor inconvenience. The wt pockets are only rated for 5lbs each. I have found that too be enough.

I had a couple of Halycon pockets that were perfect. I'll give it a try.

RBW Member Pat O'Brien is an unknown quantity at this point Pat O'Brien's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Looking at your one photo it looks like you could move your wing up on the rig, have you tried move it and the plate? Are you diving wet or dry?

Prism II

Prism trim weighting ?

Great suggestion Pat. I can't count how many times I have pulled the wing and plate apart. My wife is always asking, "Why are you taking it apart again?" This is the most comfortable and best positioning have been able to achieve. I am diving wet.

+ Reply to Thread