+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rEvo BOV Options

Dive Junkie Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver's Avatar
    Inspo w/Deep Pursuit head:)

rEvo BOV Options

So, I'm window shopping for my next rebreather. I have learned from the one I have that I need a few things to be different. The main one is an easier to use BOV and a FFM capability. I've seen the Hollis Mod 1 and the Hollis BOV. I like them. They seem logical and easy to use and I believe they would suit me fine. Do any of you know if that Hollis BOV would fit on the stock rEvo or Cooper hoses?

RBW Member Andrew214 is an unknown quantity at this point Andrew214's Avatar
    Revo Micro Shearwater

Re: rEvo BOV Options

Quote Originally Posted by Husker diver  View Original Post
    So, I'm window shopping for my next rebreather. I have learned from the one I have that I need a few things to be different. The main one is an easier to use BOV and a FFM capability. I've seen the Hollis Mod 1 and the Hollis BOV. I like them. They seem logical and easy to use and I believe they would suit me fine. Do any of you know if that Hollis BOV would fit on the stock rEvo or Cooper hoses?
    Shrimp available

Dive Junkie Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew214  View Original Post
    Shrimp available
    Does a Shrimp work with a FFM?

RBW Member sailor is on a distinguished road sailor is on a distinguished road sailor's Avatar
    TR300c hCCR, Ray mCCR

Dolphin, Inspiration Vision

An older style Golem BOV works for me with a Draeger Nova FFM.
    So I believe a Shrimps will also do.

New Member Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza has a spectacular aura about Bazza's Avatar
    Inspo Classic, JJ-CCR

Mk15.5, rEvo, Vision, Kiss,

The Prism BOV is the way to go .... everything can be made to fit but in this case it depends on the effort you wish to expend ???

I have fitted them to APD and JJ units but never Cooper Hoses - the rEvo hose should not be an issue. Its only hot water and a lot of grunting.

regards Baz

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

The prism Bov
    The schrimp Bov
    The ALV Bov
    The Divesoft Bov

They al fit easily the rEvo hoses.
    The divesoft and the Shrimp I'm sure off that they have p port adapters ( I used a shrimp on a Nova and on a Kirby Morgan mod1)
    Wich ffm do you want to use ? ( the KM mod1 takes almost every mouthpiece)
    You can also dive the revo with a Bov for a while and then decide you like it more without

Greetings
    David

On a side note:
    I have a ALV Bov in like new condition if anybody is interested ( with p port adapters to a revo or you use the revo hoses)550€ + shipping.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    The prism Bov
    The schrimp Bov
    The ALV Bov
    The Divesoft Bov

They al fit easily the rEvo hoses.
    The divesoft and the Shrimp I'm sure off that they have p port adapters ( I used a shrimp on a Nova and on a Kirby Morgan mod1)
    Wich ffm do you want to use ? ( the KM mod1 takes almost every mouthpiece)
    You can also dive the revo with a Bov for a while and then decide you like it more without

Greetings
    David

On a side note:
    I have a ALV Bov in like new condition if anybody is interested ( with p port adapters to a revo or you use the revo hoses)550€ + shipping.

I really leaning towards the Kirby Morgan Mod 1 with the Hollis BOV. I've never dove one but I have at least had my hands on one and it seemed like it would work really well for me. I know some manufacturers have different bore sizes of hoses and possibly different thread styles to attach the hose to the BOV. Since I have little familiarity with rEvo, I'd thought I'd ask if they would match up without a lot of hassle or not.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

I have used the Kirby Morgan for a while . I liked it and it's a nice feature that you can remove the Bov or dsv without removing the entire mask.
    Have fun with it

Greetings
    David

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Has anyone figured out turning the Hollis BiV to work left to right ? When I had mine in bits it didn't look like the mushroom carriers would reverse easily. Other than that a really nice BOV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    I have used the Kirby Morgan for a while . I liked it and it's a nice feature that you can remove the Bov or dsv without removing the entire mask.
    Have fun with it

Greetings
    David

Are you using a BOV on it? I went out to take a look at that exact mask and it's the one I want to use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast