+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best QD for connecting under pressure - under water

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Best QD for connecting under pressure - under water

What are people's thoughts on the best low pressure QD for connecting under pressure while under water? I know that some can be a complete b1tch to connect under pressure, and others can be connected but let a small slug of water through.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Best QD for connecting under pressure - under water

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    What are people's thoughts on the best low pressure QD for connecting under pressure while under water? I know that some can be a complete b1tch to connect under pressure, and others can be connected but let a small slug of water through.
    I don't know of any that don't allow a small amount of water through. I have had best success with QC6
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

QC6 or QC4 connectors are not made to be connecter under pressure ... but it works.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane  View Original Post
    QC6 or QC4 connectors are not made to be connecter under pressure ... but it works.
    QC fittings are made for use in hydraulics which use much higher pressure than scuba reg IP. Thats why they work in scuba. They will introduce a little water when switching and ISC saw lots corroded solenoids from people detaching and reconnecting them on the O2 feed.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member johnny boy is an unknown quantity at this point johnny boy's Avatar
    IDA-71

plastic bag

DESO (double end shut off) zero inclusion QDs are the bees knees. But expensive

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RBW Member ECho is an unknown quantity at this point ECho's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

Meg

According to Swagelok's literature, a DESO QC6 will allow 1.0 cc of inclusion and a QC4 will allow 0.3 cc...

https://www.swagelok.com/downloads/W.../MS-01-138.pdf

Not much, but still enough to be a concern, IMHO

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

I might pay a visit to the local hydraulic parts supply and see what they have to offer - some of the flat face fittings might be an option.

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

I might pay a visit to the local hydraulic parts supply and see what they have to offer - some of the flat face fittings might be an option.
    Some say Snaptite has very good QD. A bit pricy but very good.

Sent from my LG-K420 using Tapatalk

What's the general opinion on the AP GCS (Gas Connector System)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member markdol2 is an unknown quantity at this point markdol2's Avatar
    hammerhead extreeme

parker hanifin sell the snaptite 71 series flush face almost zero spill but expensive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast