+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P2 cylinder fit question

RBW Member shortkidd is an unknown quantity at this point shortkidd's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Poseidon Se7en

P2 cylinder fit question

I have a p2 and I normally dive it with 30CF Luxfer AL tanks.

I recently received a pair of Faber FX27 steel tanks.

Because the steel tanks have a curved bottom they are just about a half inch too short to fit securely in the unit's cam bands. If they had a flat bottom like my AL tanks they would fit with no issues.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get these to fit securely in my unit?

rEvoooooo JoeHuaSEALs is an unknown quantity at this point JoeHuaSEALs's Avatar
    Prism II , LAR V , OMG C96,

Revo Micro III

Re: P2 cylinder fit question

Quote Originally Posted by shortkidd  View Original Post
    I have a p2 and I normally dive it with 30CF Luxfer AL tanks.

I recently received a pair of Faber FX27 steel tanks.

Because the steel tanks have a curved bottom they are just about a half inch too short to fit securely in the unit's cam bands. If they had a flat bottom like my AL tanks they would fit with no issues.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get these to fit securely in my unit?
    is your Faber 2 liter ? 3 Liter Faber should fits like a glove, 2 Liter might be little
    challenging,

Mine fits fine with 2 liter , it's not the most secure but it is secure enough to go diving.

cheers

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHuaSEALs  View Original Post
    is your Faber 2 liter ? 3 Liter Faber should fits like a glove, 2 Liter might be little
    challenging,

Mine fits fine with 2 liter , it's not the most secure but it is secure enough to go diving.

cheers
    Either diverite or Halcion makes some pretty heavy duty Cam buckle style Velcro straps.
    I think it's Diverite that makes them.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Hollis Prism2

Poseidon Se7en

I have the Faber 3L units. I think they are FX23. As you can see in the pictures they just a touch short.
    Attached Images

RBW Member ECho is an unknown quantity at this point ECho's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by shortkidd  View Original Post
    I have the Faber 3L units. I think they are FX23. As you can see in the pictures they just a touch short.
    Those don't look like FX23's.... which are 19.5" long and just under 4" in diameter. By chance are the LP27's - 14.43" long and 5.46" in diameter - aka 4L bottles.

Hollis Prism2

Poseidon Se7en

Quote Originally Posted by ECho  View Original Post
    Those don't look like FX23's.... which are 19.5" long and just under 4" in diameter. By chance are the LP27's - 14.43" long and 5.46" in diameter - aka 4L bottles.
    Yes, you are correct. I had to go back to my purchase order as I originally received the wrong tanks and had to get them swapped out. They are: Faber 4L Cylinder which are short and squat compared to the 30CF AL tanks I normally use.

Another thing I have noticed is that since they are the black finish the tanks have sort of a sheen on them and make them easier to slide around in my cam band. I am wondering if I use a little sandpaper around the area where the cams connect if that will help produce a better surface for the band to "hold" onto.
    Last edited by shortkidd; 17th April 2017 at 14:26.

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

don't sand the finish on the tanks, add some antislip tape to the inside of the cam bands

commonly used on hockey sticks and won't damage the tank or lead to corrosion
    https://www.amazon.com/Duck-393150-F.../dp/B0000CBIAT

Hollis Prism2

Poseidon Se7en

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    don't sand the finish on the tanks, add some antislip tape to the inside of the cam bands

commonly used on hockey sticks and won't damage the tank or lead to corrosion
    https://www.amazon.com/Duck-393150-F.../dp/B0000CBIAT
    Thanks for the tip....I till try that. Why is nothing easy? ;)

Hollis Prism2

Poseidon Se7en

I would like to thank @Smithmoore for helping me come up with this solution. The tank boot looks like it should work.

I look forward to jumping into the water with the unit soon!
    Attached Images

RBW Member maxguru is an unknown quantity at this point maxguru's Avatar

Does anyone have a source on the cam bands as shown in the pictures? I have not been able to locate them.

Thanks,
    max

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast