+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Neox as a breathing gas presentation at 2017 OWU Chicago. Come visit!

Neox as a breathing gas presentation at 2017 OWU Chicago. Come visit!

I will be speaking at Our World Underwater in Chicago on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend on Ken Claytonís dives on the Billy Mitchell Fleet and exploring his use of Neox and Argox during his epic dives in the 1990ís on the Frankfurt.

Ken and Gary Gentile dove the Ostfriesland during a pioneering period in technical diving. During this time, he transitioned from using deep air (they dove the USS Washington at 290 fsw on air!) to Heliox. Subsequently he transitioned again to using exotic gas mixtures such as Argox and Neox on a 7 gas switch dive to 420 fsw! This is the first recorded non-military use of a neon based gas mixture since Haans Kellerís infamous 1962 dive to 1,000 feet off Catalina.

I was lucky enough to interview Ken Clayton about his dives a few years ago and I am presenting two lectures on his dives.

The first is exploring the 10 ships in the Billy Mitchell Fleet that Ken helped discover, dive and document. Along the way, Ken helped blaze a path for using new technology in diving and pioneered some pretty wild gas mixtures.

The second lecture will detail Kenís dives and use of Neox and Argox gas mixtures for his decompression. I will also examine if Neox has any practical application since rebreathers have become commonplace since the 1990s and also examine argox as a breathing mixture.

Shipwreck Room #48
    Saturday
    10:00am

DIVING THE BILLY MITCHELL FLEET

Sunday
    10:45am

THE USE OF NEOX AS A DIVING GAS

Details on the show here:

http://ourworldunderwater.com/attend...inars-chicago/

Hope to meet a few of you guys there!
    Attached Images

RBW Member B24L is an unknown quantity at this point B24L's Avatar
    Meg

Re: Neox as a breathing gas presentation at 2017 OWU Chicago. Come visit!

Will be OWU but tied up with other obligations in the am are you at a booth in the afternoon?

+ Reply to Thread