+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ratio iDiveReb log downloads

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Ratio iDiveReb log downloads

Hi all. I picked up a Ratio iDiveReb over Christmas as a backup to my X1. It was good timing, because the X1 stopped working on the first dive I brought the iDiveReb on. I generally find the computer easy to use, and am glad I got it.

BUT

I can't for the life of me get it to connect to my PC, mac, or virtual PC. I've followed the instructions step by step. The driver is installed correctly. My computer (win8) recognizes the cable and assigns a COM port. I have the correct port selected in the downloader. The cable is connected to the computer, which is in PC mode. But the thing just times out, and says there is an error during connection, maybe the device is not available or in PC Mode.

I get the same error on my PC (win8), Mac (OSX), and virtual PC (parallels, win10). I've tried downloading it with Diving Log, and get a DC_Status_Timeout.

The hell of it all is, I somehow got it to work once! I successfully downloaded the first 4 dives I put on the computer. I didn't change anything (that I'm aware of), and now the program can't connect to the computer. Trying to update the firmware doesn't do anything.

Does anyone have any good advice, secret hints, or success stories?

Jim

RBW Member mente is an unknown quantity at this point mente's Avatar

Re: Ratio iDiveReb log downloads

Same same here. I've given up on downloading the log.
    I contacted the manufacturers and they told me to follow the step by step guide.
    Nothin'.

RBW Member cyberdiamond is an unknown quantity at this point cyberdiamond's Avatar
    Kiss OrcaSpirit LTE Sidewinder

Kiss Sidekick

I have ix3m reb and found it charged ok using the cable with the o'ring attached but would not connect to do software updates and would only download the logs via bluetooth.

As a last resort test I removed the o'ring from the cable and it then connected well to the pc for firmware updates and log downloads.
    Give it a try and report back.

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdiamond  View Original Post
    I have ix3m reb and found it charged ok using the cable with the o'ring attached but would not connect to do software updates and would only download the logs via bluetooth.

As a last resort test I removed the o'ring from the cable and it then connected well to the pc for firmware updates and log downloads.
    Give it a try and report back.
    You rock!!!!

I pulled the oring off, hit connect, and wiggled the connection around until it showed "data" on the dive computer. Downloaded all my dives. I ended up having to hold the computer and cable, and hold pressure on the cable from the bottom right button towards the top right button, but it worked. I tried some creative wiggling with the oring, and it seems to work with the oring on now, too. Apparently one of the pins maybe wasn't making complete contact, and removing the oring let me push it closer.

Jim

+ Reply to Thread