+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Install Sitech Trigon Pee Valve, What glue

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

Install Sitech Trigon Pee Valve, What glue

Hi All,
    What glue should i use with the Sitech Trigon pee value in a trilam suit. Thanks

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: Install Sitech Trigon Pee Valve, What glue

I've used Aquaseal with great results.

Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    I've used Aquaseal with great results.
    Thanks for your answer, so you have actually fitted the trigon pee valve yourself? Any advice?

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by Nubium  View Original Post
    Thanks for your answer, so you have actually fitted the trigon pee valve yourself? Any advice?
    No, I have a balanced Light Monkey p-valve. But the installation should be the same. You make (or buy) a punch that is the same size as the threaded valve part that will go through your suit, put a piece of wood behind the area you want to make the hole in (inside the suit ), punch it with a hammer, clean it up, apply aquaseal on the valve and the fabric, tighten the external part of the valve and let set atleast 24 hrs.

If you aren't 500% comfortable in doing this I suggest looking for a wetsuit repair shop in your area, you want this done right, the first time.

Google installing a p-value (or pee valve) on a drysuit and you should find loads of good info. Remember, measure twice, cut once.

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

I have installed P valves in several suits going back to the early 90's. The suits have been neoprene, rubber, trilam, and even a Fusion two layer suit.

The valves have been metal, plastic, and delrin.

On all of them I have successfully used Aquaseal.

For the hole I have taken to using a soldering iron. I make the hole a little small and stretch it around the valve. I like that it cauterizes the material and it is easier than getting a punch in there.

My current DUI suit has the Halcyon balanced valve which works well, but I have had trouble with balanced valves in the past.

Keep it clean!!!
    Last edited by PeterVICEG; 6th November 2016 at 15:46.

Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

This guy makes it seem very simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dc4_oag90M

Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG  View Original Post
    I have installed P valves in several suits going back to the early 90's. The suits have been neoprene, rubber, trilam, and even a Fusion two layer suit.

The valves have been metal, plastic, and delrin.

On all of them I have successfully used Aquaseal.

For the hole I have taken to using a soldering iron. I make the hole a little small and stretch it around the valve. I like that it cauterizes the material and it is easier than getting a punch in there.

My current DUI suit has the Halcyon balanced valve which works well, but I have had trouble with balanced valves in the past.

Keep it clean!!!
    Can I use Aqua sure as well?

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Yup, 2 names for the same thing.

Michael

RBW Member capelli23 is an unknown quantity at this point capelli23's Avatar
    jj

My 2 Cents:
    -Cut the hole (scissors or soldering iron)
    -Cut two washer in a rubber layer 1-2 mm thick, internal diameter as the core of the valve, and the external a little bigger than the body of the valve
    Glue the washers on the internal side and the sxternal one of the fabric, well centered with the hole
    -Screw in the valve

In that manner you can mount and dismount the valve as your preference, to clean separately every 6-12 months or for replacing.
    I done this system many times on my suits and of friends and works.

Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

I have done it!!!! I am leak testing the suit but the air comes out of the valve ( not around the part i glued) how do i leak test the trigon pee valve?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast