+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JJ

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

JJ

Anybody like to share Their Pro's & Con's of a JJ?

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Re: JJ

super reliable

trim out easy

dont need a stand

Fit in overhead flight bag

light enough to dive in a 3mm wet suit

easy to set up

excelent work of breathing

great handset and HUD

good ergonomics

can be flood recovered

clever counterlung design

CONS

No BOV

Flood tolerance is lower than some and small amounts of water casue gugrling in loop

need a special tool to change batteries

Easy to lose a bolt when changing batteries

Head can be dificult to remove

JJ dedicated cells are expensive

adding secondary indipendent monitoring is hard

Hard ali scrubber housing can be dammaged in transit if head not fitted

Finding the cause of neg test failure seems strangly much harder than on other units

flood recovery can be a faf

SPG Gauges are a bit naff

My 02 add button lasterd about 5 years till constant leeks became intolerable

OPV on first stage caused a few issues now replaced with alternative manufacture

Solinoid on my one needed replacement in three years did it myself

In conclusion

No unit is perfict but this is far and away the best unit I have owned

Inspo Classic
    Inspo Hammer Head
    KISS
    rEvo Mini
    JJ

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

super reliable

trim out easy

dont need a stand

Fit in overhead flight bag

light enough to dive in a 3mm wet suit

easy to set up

excelent work of breathing

great handset and HUD

good ergonomics

can be flood recovered

clever counterlung design

CONS

No BOV

Flood tolerance is lower than some and small amounts of water casue gugrling in loop

need a special tool to change batteries

Easy to lose a bolt when changing batteries

Head can be dificult to remove

JJ dedicated cells are expensive

adding secondary indipendent monitoring is hard

Hard ali scrubber housing can be dammaged in transit if head not fitted

Finding the cause of neg test failure seems strangly much harder than on other units

flood recovery can be a faf

SPG Gauges are a bit naff

My 02 add button lasterd about 5 years till constant leeks became intolerable

OPV on first stage caused a few issues now replaced with alternative manufacture

Solinoid on my one needed replacement in three years did it myself

In conclusion

No unit is perfict but this is far and away the best unit I have owned

Inspo Classic
    Inspo Hammer Head
    KISS
    rEvo Mini
    JJ

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Thanks Mark, appreciate you taking the time to List.

RBW Member dunny is an unknown quantity at this point dunny's Avatar
    JJ

I would add to the cons that I do not believe the JJ breaths that well on the surface in choppy seas. Fine once underwater.

Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

I have heard the same about it being on the surface, Thanks for that.

Mark, can you show me the tool for battery change?
    Also, there is some movement with the backplate, did you have an issue with that? I saw on you tube a little spacer thingy that goes into where you screw it on, I was also shown by an Instructor, but didn't think too much of it at the time..

Regarding the Removal of the head, is there something to pull from, like on the Meg? And those OPV's look terrible..

Wanna Dive Gonna Dive Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket will become famous soon enough Alby scubakitmarket's Avatar
    Dive Can JJ

APD Classic, Vision Anolog JJ

Wink Re: JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Clive O' Driscoll  View Original Post
    I have heard the same about it being on the surface, Thanks for that.

Mark, can you show me the tool for battery change?
    Also, there is some movement with the backplate, did you have an issue with that? I saw on you tube a little spacer thingy that goes into where you screw it on, I was also shown by an Instructor, but didn't think too much of it at the time..

Regarding the Removal of the head, is there something to pull from, like on the Meg? And those OPV's look terrible..
    the tool is a torx bit (star shaped allen type bit) bit of a pain the torx bits i have don't fit to good.
    i have had no probs with back plate moving none that i have noticed anyway.
    the head has a strap on it for pulling out providing you have greased the orings (not to much) you should be ok, i tend to push down on the head first the pull out.
    don't pay to much attention to dunny he only dives in quarries (he he)

JJ Hybrid

As above

When i say dificult to get off I mean you have to put the unit on the ground push down on the head then pull up. Its more anoyance than big issue.

Never noticed surface breathing was any better or worse than any other CCR. CCRs dont like to breath in the head up virtical position

ATB

Mark

Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

CCRs dont like to breath in the head up virtical position

ATB

Mark[/QUOTE]

Except for Meg

Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by Alby scubakitmarket  View Original Post
    the tool is a torx bit (star shaped allen type bit) bit of a pain the torx bits i have don't fit to good.
    i have had no probs with back plate moving none that i have noticed anyway.
    the head has a strap on it for pulling out providing you have greased the orings (not to much) you should be ok, i tend to push down on the head first the pull out.
    don't pay to much attention to dunny he only dives in quarries (he he)
    Sound for that Alby. Do you use tube weights in your unit?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast