+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Communications underwater and FFM

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: Communications underwater and FFM

Quote Originally Posted by OceanOpportunity  View Original Post

I also use a Nova R with a rebreather and comms. I like it, but always seem to struggle with gas loss through the mushroom valve at the chin.
    The rebreather version of the Nova has a mouthpiece on a stalk instead of the oral nasal cup. How do use comms with this version? I tried once and had a heck of a hard time getting the mouthpiece back in.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member Rui_Guerra is an unknown quantity at this point Rui_Guerra's Avatar
    MKVI Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by DragonZA  View Original Post
    Im using the KM 48 with my Poseidon MK6 and no worries at all. Mouthpiece fits easily. Also, arguably, the easiest FFM to bail out on. I have a spare OC pod and reg on my BO and after using the BOV and getting back to normal, I can unclip the DSV pod and clip in the OC pod and go. Or just use a standard second stage in the open mouth area.
    That sounds good.
    It's easy to bite the mouthpiece again after changing BOV?
    And do you use it also with communications?

Muddiver Muddiver is an unknown quantity at this point Muddiver's Avatar
    Poseidon Cis Lunar 7

Quote Originally Posted by DragonZA  View Original Post
    Im using the KM 48 with my Poseidon MK6 and no worries at all. Mouthpiece fits easily. Also, arguably, the easiest FFM to bail out on. I have a spare OC pod and reg on my BO and after using the BOV and getting back to normal, I can unclip the DSV pod and clip in the OC pod and go. Or just use a standard second stage in the open mouth area.
    So the Poseidon BOV mouth price tube fits in the pod as the KM instruction show? If so, nice!

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muddiver  View Original Post
    So the Poseidon BOV mouth price tube fits in the pod as the KM instruction show? If so, nice!
    I have used the kirby Morgan also for a while, you can fit any mouthpiece into the pod. With a Bov I just used some bungee to keep it closer

Send from my Shearwater Nerd

RBW Member DragonZA is an unknown quantity at this point DragonZA's Avatar
    Poseidon mk VI

Haven't used the KM with comms yet, my comms are arriving next week then will have a go. And yes, mouthpiece is easy to bite and release as needed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2