+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bauer Junior filtering vs. Coltri MCH 6 filtering if Coltri gets a PMV

RBW Member CCRWannabe123 is an unknown quantity at this point CCRWannabe123's Avatar
    Inspo

Bauer Junior filtering vs. Coltri MCH 6 filtering if Coltri gets a PMV

Hi eveyone,

I've read many threads on MCH 6 and its filtering, how to upgrade it, whats missing and such.

It all boils down as it looks to a Coltri not having a PMV.

Could you please compare with me the filtering system of Junior and MCH 6?

What is the difference in filter size?

Is there anything else different than MCH 6 not having a PMV, and if so what?

Does Junior have a check valve before the filter and if so, does it bring up the quality of filtered air?

Thanks!

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Re: Bauer Junior filtering vs. Coltri MCH 6 filtering if Coltri gets a PMV

Both are just really tiny filters!
    The best strategy is to add moisture sensor, then a 2nd filter, and lastly put a PMV downstream of the 2nd filter.

Change the 1st filter once the moisture sensor reads 20% humidity
    Change the 2nd filter once based on hours pumped.

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

It's still a smaller filter on the Coltri as well, with less media thanks the Bauer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member CCRWannabe123 is an unknown quantity at this point CCRWannabe123's Avatar
    Inspo

Actually I know what can be done with other filter and moisture sensor and such, thanks for the information :)

However, I am really interested in comparing if anyone knows it...if smaller, how big is the Coltri, and how big the Bauer?

What does Bauer have that Coltri doesn't :)

Thnx!

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Quote Originally Posted by CCRWannabe123  View Original Post
    Actually I know what can be done with other filter and moisture sensor and such, thanks for the information :)

However, I am really interested in comparing if anyone knows it...if smaller, how big is the Coltri, and how big the Bauer?

What does Bauer have that Coltri doesn't :)

Thnx!

I change filters on my Junior II every 16hrs in summer, during the heating season I change at 20 hrs, and have a good safety margin then using the Bauer triplex filters. It also gets used to refill He and Ar tanks back to 300+ Bar. My only golden rule of pumping Ar is to start with a cold compressor and stop before 20 minutes have elapsed. I've been using this compressor for 16 years, and it is still behaving itself.

Michael

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

If you look on the scuba engineer.com (I think) website, he has a calculator that gives you the amounts of MS and carbon in the filters. I think the Bauer has about 65 g of MS against the Coltri at 20 g or something like that

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w  View Original Post
    If you look on the scuba engineer.com (I think) website, he has a calculator that gives you the amounts of MS and carbon in the filters. I think the Bauer has about 65 g of MS against the Coltri at 20 g or something like that

They are both the same size, roughly 3000cf/85,000L cartridges. Assuming its cold out, heat kills them fast

Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Try not to believe the Coltri manual mind. I'll see if I have a spent Bauer one to cut open at the weekend. They are different

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w  View Original Post
    Try not to believe the Coltri manual mind. I'll see if I have a spent Bauer one to cut open at the weekend. They are different

The gas flow path is definitely different. But they are the same external dimensions within a mm or 2, so their media and filtering capacity is roughly the same. Although I have looked at the coltri manual and they are no way achieving the rated capacities in there. 40+ hrs at 100L/min is a complete fabrication.

Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    The gas flow path is definitely different. But they are the same external dimensions within a mm or 2, so their media and filtering capacity is roughly the same. Although I have looked at the coltri manual and they are no way achieving the rated capacities in there. 40+ hrs at 100L/min is a complete fabrication.
    This is why I'm asking...IF (and if only!) they are roughly the same capacity...is it only the PMV that's making the difference or something else?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast