+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Poseidon M28 Availability update

RBW Member uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer's Avatar
    rEvo mini III Hybrid rMS

Re: Poseidon M28 Availability update

From http://www.poseidon.com/poseidon:

"In 1958 Ingvar Elvström founded Poseidon. With a quest to solve a range of diving related problems his innovative solutions securely placed him among the great entrepreneurial pioneers. Elvström's legacy has been continued and Poseidon equipment enjoys a stellar reputation within the diving community. Arguably though, no breakthrough matching the significance of Elvström's early work has been accomplished - that is until the launch of the Poseidon MKVI.

Poseidon's Fully Automatic Rebreather - the Poseidon MKVI - is arguably the greatest breakthrough within the diving community for many decades. It may be the longest and quietest dive you will ever experience - we will not be quiet about its existence. It represents a giant leap in shifting the diving experience towards the sea of tranquillity - allowing us to be an integrated part of the element our ancestors left 440 million years ago.
    Welcome back."

to reality?

RBW Member Se7en_diver is an unknown quantity at this point Se7en_diver's Avatar
    Poseidon Se7en

Quote Originally Posted by mikecjones  View Original Post
    They just put out that the M28 will begin shipping to the US "before Christmas." I asked for a refund of my deposit.
    They never committed that it was going to be Christmas 2016...

RBW Member moosecooper is an unknown quantity at this point moosecooper's Avatar
    Poseidon se7en

E/mail from Richard Swartling,On posedons face book page, deliverys have started.about 3 weeks as there is school holidays over there,keep you poster,moose

www.AddHelium.com Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium's Avatar

Ours have been shipped to us and are due in later this week.
    www.AddHelium.com

RBW Member diverjoer is an unknown quantity at this point diverjoer's Avatar
    Poseidon MK6

I have my M28 order and paid for on 1/2/2017 delivered 4/2/2017 and very nice it is to

Joe

RBW Member Se7en_diver is an unknown quantity at this point Se7en_diver's Avatar
    Poseidon Se7en

My dealer received my M28 today.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RBW Member mikecjones is an unknown quantity at this point mikecjones's Avatar
    Se7en

I received mine this afternoon. I went on a night dive but, for obvious reasons, did not take the new computer. I am excited to finally dive with it.

RBW Member fdo is an unknown quantity at this point fdo's Avatar
    Poseidon MKVI-VII

Dragger Dolphin

Got mine today.

www.AddHelium.com Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium's Avatar

We have a limited supply in stock!
    www.AddHelium.com

RBW Member mikecjones is an unknown quantity at this point mikecjones's Avatar
    Se7en

I had the chance to dive with the M28 connected to the Se7en over the weekend. We did a shallow dive to evaluate the new computer before taking it on a decompression dive. That is scheduled for Wednesday evening. If I discover anything of interest on that dive I will update this post, but I doubt it.

Overall, the M28 performed as advertised. My biggest complaint is that the GPS in my computer did not synch even though I had it on the surface for over an hour. The map function is interesting but not useful. Mine showed that I was somewhere in Scandinavia. Perhaps I will find some map controls that allow me to zoom in and scroll, but until the GPS synchs and the computer recognizes that I am in Hawaii, I was not too concerned about using the map. I also felt the battery was sued too much on the surface. I had the WIFI turned off and the GPS turned on during our ride out to the dive site. With about an hour and 15 minutes total time on the surface the battery went from 100% to less than 80% before I got in the water. That had me a little worried. Once I got down the consumption seemed to stop and I was no longer concerned with the battery life.

I found the menus a bit confusing. This will probably get better with time. For example, the documentation showed the Se7en functions (set points, O2 fraction, He fraction...) available whenever the M28 was connected to the Se7en. I had to select the system menu and then double click to get the Se7en menu. Maybe I missed something in the documentation, but that is not how I expected it to work. I also had issues selecting the OC gas. Since I was diving with 16% O2 in my dil, I got a warning that PO2 was too low. That warning prevented me from getting to the prebreathe. I eventually figured out that I had to select an OC gas with 21% O2 and then it took me to the prebreathe.

During the dive I tried everything I could think of with the exception of decompression. Bailing out and swapping gasses was intuitive. I was able to bring up a picture of a map of the dive site although I could not zoom or scroll. It was interesting, but without the ability to zoom in to read things like distances and directions, it was not useful.

I think the biggest improvements which the M28 brings are the ability to use ZHL-16C with gradient factors instead of DCAP, the ability to use bailout gasses other than what is in the dil, and the ability to change settings on the fly. These are huge improvements. I will no longer have to bring my laptop on a dive boat.

There are also some improvements which are nice, but not vital. For example, I like the PO2 display with the needles and the artificial horizon.

Overall, I think this is a good computer and brings the Se7en up to the technical standards that TEC CCRs should meet. Now I just need to find an agency and a trainer who will help me take this to 100M.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast