+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: AHHHH! I can't decide what rebreather I want!

RBW Member woofy is an unknown quantity at this point woofy's Avatar
    jjccr

Re: AHHHH! I can't decide what rebreather I want!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon  View Original Post
    Not seriously. As there is no local instructor, and I've only actually seen one, which was in pieces in a box, I did not really consider it.
    try out the jj its a really simple unit and easy to dive with and the design is really tough the only negative thing i think is the weight of the unit if you are traveling with it

RBW Member Gl1tchie is an unknown quantity at this point Gl1tchie's Avatar
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by woofy  View Original Post
    try out the jj its a really simple unit and easy to dive with and the design is really tough the only negative thing i think is the weight of the unit if you are traveling with it
    My partner and I are about to go to Malapascua for a week. I'll be taking my JJ and she'll be taking her twins kit. We have 30kg checked baggage each. It'll be a squeeze but we shouldn't have trouble taking what we need.

Dan

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Leaving with my rEvo to Curacao: rEvo as handluggage ;)

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

rEvo in travel mode

RBW Member Gl1tchie is an unknown quantity at this point Gl1tchie's Avatar
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    rEvo in travel mode
    That's a great set up

RBW Member Bryan T is an unknown quantity at this point Bryan T's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon  View Original Post
    I'm leaning towards another rEvo. I'm still not positive though.
    Inspiration has a lot of great new features. The 2020 hand set, HUS and the only CE approved CO2 monitor. Strong network in the north east/around the world. Support close to home I'm sure there is a local instructor. Tech units starting at $5000!! you can run it manually (hybrid) no deep setpoint issues lots of mods and extras. tech/travel frame.... the list is long! This is not your fathers rebreather. I'm working on a soft travel frame for it. Always new stuff to do to it.. Rechargeable battery system! So many changes if you haven't had a chat with someone up to date on these units in the last year you don't know what you may be missing.

I'm available by email or phone if you want more info.
    Last edited by Bryan T; 6th July 2016 at 17:29. Reason: i forgot to mention

RBW Member hbm is on a distinguished road hbm is on a distinguished road hbm's Avatar
    Not yet

Look at a Defender. I have 40+ hours on it and it's awesome. It seems pricey until you see what you get in the box, Defender controller, Petrel, and a Shrimp BOV included. The thing is built like a tank, all machined delrin parts (nothing injection molded) and I haven't had so much as a hiccup with the new electronics. Even affter 6 long dives (10+ hours) I'm still showing 75% on the rechargeable battery. I demo'd a bunch of units and put several hours on a friends unit swimming around Orange Grove from time to time and I felt the Defender breathed about as good as it got. Most of all I like the Thortons, they have been great to deal with.

THE FROGMAN amir is an unknown quantity at this point amir's Avatar
    rEvo 3 micro hybrid RMS

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    rEvo in travel mode

Hello
    Mai I know where did you buy that cover for the revo and for how much ?
    it looks like a great thing to have

rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Hi,

Some guy here on the forum sells them, I believe his name was Michael. He lets a Company in Switserland make them. I will look for his e mail and send it. Otherwise you can always contact SF Tech directly and they will give you his email, he might still have some .

http://www.sftech.ch

Greetings,
    David

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Preaty neat but is it the whole unit? IE wing loop etc?

My greatest fear when traveling to places like Mexico cave diveing is having enough equipment on arrival to go diveing with.

Hence the JJ

Fulley packed JJ and my size 10 for comparison

JJ next to Inspo in a bag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast