+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: AHHHH! I can't decide what rebreather I want!

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

Re: AHHHH! I can't decide what rebreather I want!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon  View Original Post
    Help! I've decided it's time to move on from my rEvo II MCCR to either a rEvoIII Mini or a JJ. I like both units, and go back and forth between then hourly!

For the JJ I like
    1. WOB
    2. Potential flood recovery
    3. ADV works well (compared to ADV on my rEvo)
    4. Uses a standard back plate
    5. Modularity of electronics, using DiveCan
    6. Sensor location

To the rEvo
    1. Scrubber rotation
    2. Sensor tray can be removed from the unit to facilitate drying
    3. Additional sensors can be added to isolate redundant electronics... Of course the sensors are in the same place SO does it make a difference???
    4. Ability to custom select the electronics package you want on the unit from the factory
    5. I hate to admit it, but after years of diving the adjustable, plastic quick connect rEvo harness, I've come to love it... Feel free to kick me for being a stroke!

If I go with the rEvo, it'll be with a NERD controller and a single dream, removing the potential catch hazard/failure point of an arm mounted cable. I wish this was a factory option for the JJ.

Decisions, decisions!

This is soooooo funny. I am exactly the same!!!!! I have just sold my rEvo mini and i either want a rEvo micro or a Liberty , There are many things i like about the rEvo, But the Liberty has some great features that are sucking me in. Then i think to myself,"stick with the rEvo , you are getting used to it". Then i think to myself,"but the liberty has this feature , and that feature". I too am going round in circles.

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Why are you selling the rEvo II?

I have a 6 year old III that has been converted from mCCR to analog hCCR.
    I cant think of a single reason to blow several $k to change it.

Urrrgh! Ukon is an unknown quantity at this point Ukon's Avatar
    rEvo II

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by P-A  View Original Post
    Or just change completly and go for a mcccr
    I've been diving MCCR since 2007. To be honest, I've only dove an ECCR three times, three trial dives on a JJ.
    I like MCCR, however doing deeper dives, O2 addition becomes a PITA.

rEvo II

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    Why are you selling the rEvo II?

I have a 6 year old III that has been converted from mCCR to analog hCCR.
    I cant think of a single reason to blow several $k to change it.
    I thought about that initially, however looking at the cost of the upgrades that would be required, and the fact my unit is 8-9 years old, it seems to make more sense to just buy new.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

I also decided JJ.... Then rEvo... Then JJ.... Then I can't decide!

Both great units IMHO

Only reasion I changed from the rEvo was ease of getting ALL ofthe JJ in an overhead locker..

If it wasent for that id still most likley be on a rEvo Mini

Cant see the big diferance between standard and mini? if I were to swap it would be to a micro

ATB

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    Both great units IMHO

Only reasion I changed from the rEvo was ease of getting ALL ofthe JJ in an overhead locker..

If it wasent for that id still most likley be on a rEvo Mini

Cant see the big diferance between standard and mini? if I were to swap it would be to a micro

ATB
    Taking my micro in the overhead locker to Curacao in a few weeks ;)

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member John Nousaine is on a distinguished road John Nousaine is on a distinguished road John Nousaine's Avatar
    Evolution

if you have a crew you dive with it's helpful for all to be on the same unit. sharing spares, gaining knowledge etc. it's a factor worth considering

RBW Member P-A is an unknown quantity at this point P-A's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

I've been diving MCCR since 2007. To be honest, I've only dove an ECCR three times, three trial dives on a JJ.
    I dive the Pelagian DCCCR and there is no difference in O2 addition between shallow and deeper dives. During your pre breathe adjust your needle valve to the correct setting and go. Diving to 100 meters is no problems.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Why?

I have dived MCCR down to 95m and didnt think it was any diferent to diving it to 30m in terms of 02 add?

SO i am curious to know why or do you mean past the max depth for CMF 02?

rEvo II

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    Why?

I have dived MCCR down to 95m and didnt think it was any diferent to diving it to 30m in terms of 02 add?

SO i am curious to know why or do you mean past the max depth for CMF 02?
    Yes, I've had mine down to around 350' a couple of times. I found my O2 addition stopped functioning abruptly about 290'.

This was cured with an additional O2 bottle, however this resulted in some scary spikes!

Even though we don't do that many of these dives, it just seems it would be easier, and a bit safer moving on to H/ECCR.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast