+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leaving the Retail realm

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Leaving the Retail realm

I figured it was time to let everyone know that I have left the retail realm. I have disbanded my small dealer network and will be selling directly from now on.

This is a decision that I have been fighting with for a long time. I wanted to get the prices lower for the consumer and this was the only way I could manage to do it. This was in no way due to any negative issues with any of the people or businesses that I was working with. I am still working with most of them in one manner or another.

I would really like to offer big thanks to Add Helium, Matthew Marcoux, and Heather Knowles for their past patronage.

You can still reach me on the forums or via my new website, www.dsix36.com. It is nothing fancy, just a quick thing to get the job done. I will still be offering the same rebreather stands and custom work as before, just on a bit more personal level to verify that you get exactly what you want.

Please feel free to voice any question, comments, or concerns.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Re: Leaving the Retail realm

Fortunately or not, in the current age with ever more business being conducted over the internet, the importance of a retail business getting income from sales will continue to diminish.
    Retail operations that make a strong effort to increase income from training and service will prosper, dealing otherwise will result in losing more money every year.

A long time ago I learned that the only way to end up with a small fortune in the dive business is to start out with a big fortune.

I think that you made a wise decision to deal direct with customers, they should know exactly what they want, and you being the manufacturer, have the best oppurtunity to meet their desires/needs.

Of course, if the dealers that you have done business with in the past are STOCKING dealers, it would be nice to continue to give them a dealer discount. If they wait for an order from their customer before placing the order with you, I don't think that you owe them any extra loyalty for being nothing other than an expensive telephone answering machine.

Michael

+ Reply to Thread