+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why so many rEvos up for sale?

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Why so many rEvos up for sale?

I have noticed an alarming trend in the increase of rEvos that I see for sale. Maybe it is just my imagination, but it used to be very rare to find a rEvo for sale and usually only if the seller was upgrading to a newer model. Any guess as to why this is happening? Am I just nuts (go ahead Ken, say it)? Are all these sellers upgrading to newer models? I have seen several new RMS units with low hours being offered too. Is it just that they have been out long enough for this to be a normal progression of events like with other units that have been around for awhile?

I am personally looking to upgrade in some manner in order to get something lighter and more travel friendly. This is why I have been paying attention to the sales and trying to find an affordable upgrade path for myself. I am looking at all options so anything is possible.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

Re: Why so many rEvos up for sale?

What I have been noticing is a increase in Megs for sale. I thought it might be because Innerspace discontinuing service or parts for older units.
    It also seems that if I'm interested in something it becomes as rare as hens teeth. Once I do get what I'm looking for, there all over the place, and usually cheaper then what I paid.

Al

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Im guessing there are more and more of them out there so it is only natural that more people will be selling them off for various reasons.

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaAl  View Original Post
    What I have been noticing is a increase in Megs for sale. I thought it might be because Innerspace discontinuing service or parts for older units.
    More likely they upgraded to the latest model since its a significantly revised unit, not just a few tweaks which aren't worth the upgrade costs.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

I sold my TiVo a few years back because I felt that when I was ready to get back to technical diving, a bit of progress would have been made. I am probably still a few years away (young daughter, different priorities)

Mine was a Shearwater Predator based, 5 sensors hybrid, with one rEvodream. Sure, the NERD looks really cool though the bus-based electronics is a little meh.

There has been some small advances but less than 15% of the rebreathers available seem to have CO2 monitoring (and I am guessing the jury is still out). Some of the side mount rebreathers look pretty cool. There has been some consolidation of vendors, resellers - small market, less players - it seems.

So to answer your question, I don't know why people are selling their rEvos. I am guessing it's not for a better / newer rEvo (there isn't really one, you can upgrade to any of those 'better' features) or a better rebreather from another brand (I haven't seen much progress here).

I would guess that people are selling rebreathers (and rEvos) because they're getting out of rebreather diving or consolidating after a spending frenzy. The market has expanded to include a fringe that wasn't quite ready / or never will be ready for a rebreather.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Am I just nuts (go ahead Ken, say it)
    Too easy. But I have noticed the same thing. It might go along with there being several new entries in the market. But I haven't seen much evidence that the rEvo sellers have been other buyers.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Sold mine (standard) to go to a micro Ft expedition.

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    Sold mine (standard) to go to a micro Ft expedition.

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd
    I think a number of sellers are following your path.
    Going for a lighter unit (smaller and/or from steel to titanium) is the only kind of upgrade not offerred by revo.
    I know because i had been asking them whether my standard stainless steel revo could be down-sized

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

I have noticed an alarming trend in the increase of rEvos that I see for sale. Maybe it is just my imagination, but it used to be very rare to find a rEvo for sale and usually only if the seller was upgrading to a newer model. Any guess as to why this is happening? Am I just nuts (go ahead Ken, say it)? Are all these sellers upgrading to newer models? I have seen several new RMS units with low hours being offered too. Is it just that they have been out long enough for this to be a normal progression of events like with other units that have been around for awhile?

I am personally looking to upgrade in some manner in order to get something lighter and more travel friendly. This is why I have been paying attention to the sales and trying to find an affordable upgrade path for myself. I am looking at all options so anything is possible.

"upgrade in some manner"....isnt that a bit misleading? You've been pretty vocal on several sites about what your next rebreather is and you have left little doubt based on several posts. Its obvious that you are going to sell your revo to fund your unit from the Thorntons. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but why hide it on this post?

I apologize if I am wrong, but even on facebook when you were mad about Paul's stance on self replacement of bladders....you made it clear what unit you now want. Couple that with what you have posted on several boards, and it appears you've already made up your mind but for some reason hide that in this post? Why?
    Last edited by manni-yunk; 29th February 2016 at 16:42.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by manni-yunk  View Original Post
    "upgrade in some manner"....isnt that a bit misleading? You've been pretty vocal on several sites about what your next rebreather is and you have left little doubt based on several posts. Its obvious that you are going to sell your revo to fund your unit from the Thorntons. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but why hide it on this post?

I apologize if I am wrong, but even on facebook when you were mad about Paul's stance on self replacement of bladders....you made it clear what unit you now want. Couple that with what you have posted on several boards, and it appears you've already made up your mind but for some reason hide that in this post? Why?
    I have not made up my mind. I am still in the research mode. A micro titanium is still n the running. I am considering a JJ also. Of course a defender is also on my short list. This post is to gather info on why people are selling revos as it might impact my choice. I certainly am not one to hide my actions or be shy about speaking my mind.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast