+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the-mother-buoy

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

the-mother-buoy

Hi,

is anybody using this?
    http://www.aquatec.co.uk/shop/458483...r-buoy/8213606

Is there a trick to pack it in a nice way (with attached bottle)?
    I love it but it takes so much space during diving.

Regards,
    Scotty

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: the-mother-buoy

http://www.aquatec.co.uk/communities...4623508881.jpg

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member Remco is an unknown quantity at this point Remco's Avatar
    JJ CCR

I think it will not be easy to get this beast to stand up straight in the water.

R

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    http://www.aquatec.co.uk/communities...4623508881.jpg

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd
    This picture is without the 0.4 liter tank attached (the 0.25 liter does not provide enough volume).
    Looking for setups with tank (without reel).

inspiration vision

Quote Originally Posted by Remco  View Original Post
    I think it will not be easy to get this beast to stand up straight in the water.

R
    You need a group of divers or a way to much lead.
    Once you are on the surface it´s fine.

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Hi, The Motherbuoy was never intended to standup but to provide lots of buoyancy on the surface if you have either lots of kit to recover like cameras and scooters or as a buoyancy aid for tired divers that their guide or instructor would carry. However there is no reason you can't use it as a DSMB.

One way to carry it is the Aquatec Backpacker (it's an upside down pocket that straps on the side of your tank or CCR and you can retrieve the contents- typically lift bags or big reels and DSMB's by pulling on a retaining cord) but it's a little "recreational" for some users I know a few CCR divers who use them, they strap them to a stage.

FWIW We have made "shorter" Motherbuoys on request, you can have whatever you like within reason and price, we can add different inflation methods, change it to yellow etc...

Drop us an email if you want a special.

inspiration vision

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457359943.026398.jpg

This is what I did.
    Also clipped it to my 80s but don't like it.
    For "small" dives I attach it to my left waist D-ring.
    For bigger ones to my scooter ring, or leave it on the boat.

Scotty

+ Reply to Thread