+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Finessing the bungee

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Re: Finessing the bungee

Quote Originally Posted by deepdave  View Original Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kudg1f4zFfs

Check this out. Really very good
    Yes, thanks, looks great the way JH does it, but no Dring on the P1 where it would be needed... -Andy

RBW Member deepdave is an unknown quantity at this point deepdave's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Yes, thanks, looks great the way JH does it, but no Dring on the P1 where it would be needed... -Andy
    Neither did mine, but you can add one anywhere it's needed by using a D ring and a belt side thing to keep it in place.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Is there a chest strap in front ?
    You could attach a thicker , stronger bungee loop somewhere behind your schoulders, attach a thin bungee loop to the thick loop and attach this thin one to the chest strap. If there isn't a chest strap just attach them to each other with a small clip in front of you. The thin bungee is only to find / retrieve the thicker stronger (and short ) bungee in your armpit. You could also let someone stitch some small webbing as part of this loop with a ring to have a stiff connection, the bungee stitched to the webbing would still pull your bo back.

Don't know or this is still understandable without a picture

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

If you don't want the ring to clip in ( so you don't have to use a chocker on your BO clip) then you could ditch the ring also if your main bungee si strong enough, the bo would be supported by the butt plate or waist d ring anyway.

Just a thought

Andy Pitkin apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin's Avatar
    Prism 1

various

The over the armpit anchoring of the other end of the bungee is a great idea, but unfortunately I don't have a Dring to clip it to. I guess my problem is unique, unless another P1 diver has found a way to rig the armpit solution. Thanks, -Andy
    Andy,

I have a similar setup to you and I use bungee for my bailout. I will take some pictures over the weekend but essentially what I have done is to thread a quick link through one of the sewn loops on the back of the Prism 1 counter lung to clip the bungee into. The other end of the bungee loop is attached to the backplate. It is hard to explain but easy to see - I will post photos.

Andy

RBW Member Mr.Dave is an unknown quantity at this point Mr.Dave's Avatar
    Meg

Insp Classic

DSC04259.jpg

A length of bike inner tube works for me. It's permanently attached both ends with tie wraps, I just stretch the inner tube over the valve handle, it stays in place without any issue. I also use the single butt D-ring on my crotch strap for the bottom of the rig, which keeps it nice and tight into my body.

I only use the top clip on my BO for clipping it off to a drop line before exiting the water.

Andy Pitkin apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin's Avatar
    Prism 1

various

This shows the back of the right counter lung with a quick link to attach the bungee to and the right hand bungee loop attached to the backplate. I also have a D-ring fixed onto the back of the counter lung for stages and other stuff.

RH CL.jpgRH bungee.jpg

RBW Member JohnnyC is an unknown quantity at this point JohnnyC's Avatar

Interesting. I've just got a loop through a hole in my backplate a little shorter than a foot long. Pull it forward, loop it around the valve. No need to attach the bungee to the harness d-ring, when you're not using it, it tucks out of the way. I find that if I clip the top bolt snap on the bottle to the chest d-ring like normal, then bungee around the valve, it pulls it tighter to the body and back out of the way a little better than just with the bungee.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    Is there a chest strap in front ?
    You could attach a thicker , stronger bungee loop somewhere behind your schoulders, attach a thin bungee loop to the thick loop and attach this thin one to the chest strap. If there isn't a chest strap just attach them to each other with a small clip in front of you. The thin bungee is only to find / retrieve the thicker stronger (and short ) bungee in your armpit. You could also let someone stitch some small webbing as part of this loop with a ring to have a stiff connection, the bungee stitched to the webbing would still pull your bo back.

Don't know or this is still understandable without a picture

Hello EngelenD, sorry for the late reply, good idea, thanks for the suggestion. Definitely sounds workable but I need to see if there's a simpler solution that can make use of the existing Prism1 features... -Andy

Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by apitkin  View Original Post
    This shows the back of the right counter lung with a quick link to attach the bungee to and the right hand bungee loop attached to the backplate. I also have a D-ring fixed onto the back of the counter lung for stages and other stuff.

Attachment 40516Attachment 40517

Hi Andy, sorry for the late reply, in the process of moving. Thanks for the pictures, great idea. Hadn't thought of using those sewn in parts. The best idea I could come up with was taking one end of the bungee and finding a way to attach it to a male fastex and clip it into the unused female clip that was used to hold the CL from the side.

Is that a stock Prism harness and wing I see in the picture? Did you manage to attach a side mount butt plate to it? Do tell, please... -Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast