+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kirby Morgan M48 Mod-1 with Hollis Pod and BOV Assembly Question

RBW Member kylenance is an unknown quantity at this point kylenance's Avatar
    Hollis Explorer

Kirby Morgan M48 Mod-1 with Hollis Pod and BOV Assembly Question

How's it going guys?

I just recently received the Hollis Pod in the mail for my Kirby Morgan Mod 1 FFM to fit my Explorer BOV to it. It didn't come with any instructions on getting it together. I used common sense on assembling it and got it together for the most part but there is this red O-ring and 2 black o-rings that come with it and I can't seem to have any idea of where they go. There's a blue gasket that comes with it which was relatively easy to figure out where it went. I got the mask tested out in the pool with how I assembled it and it worked even though I felt a very slight leak into the pod, but I would just like to know where these o-rings go before I throw the zip tie on the mouth piece. I've left Hollis a message and tried having my dealer get me the info but Hollis just isn't getting back to us on it. I'm hoping someone here can enlighten me on getting it all together.

Thanks guys,
    Kyle
    Attached Images
    Last edited by kylenance; 1st February 2016 at 03:30.

Re: Kirby Morgan M48 Mod-1 with Hollis Pod and BOV Assembly Question

Try it here http://www.kirbymorgan.com/products/...sks/m-48-mod-1 in the tab Manuals and blow apart...............
    There you should have everything

User guide of the mask

and exploded views of

the mask
    the regulater wich comes with
    the manifold block (?)
    the purge valve...........
    Last edited by Morrische; 1st February 2016 at 09:57.

Supporting Member btrax is an unknown quantity at this point btrax's Avatar
    Hollis Explorer

Hey, when you get it together let me know how it dives. I have an explorer and am just waiting for my LDS to get them in so i can try one in the pool. I was excited about this unit. Let me know.

Hollis Explorer

I've tried the Kirby Morgan website before but it only has instructions for attaching the open circuit regulators to their pod. The Hollis pod is a bit different and with the BOV it doesn't assembly similarly. Thanks for the response though.

But as to how it dove, it was really nice on the explorer with how I put it all together. It seemed weird not using the mouth piece so I just kept it in the entire time. I just loved it because it looks awesome and it takes all preasure off the jaw, which used to bug me.

Hollis Explorer

Just got the instructions from Hollis. Thanks for the posts guys

Hollis Explorer

Picked mine up this past weekend. I got the o/c and bov pod. hahah there is like a thousand parts to the bov pod and 3 on the o/c. Let me know how it goes ....

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

Can this mask accept a draeger dsv or poseidon regs? I need a ffm for coms but am not ready to commit to a bov yet. Looks like a nice design!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

RBW Member Pete is an unknown quantity at this point Pete's Avatar

You can install pretty much anything into the SCUBA pod. Read the caution in the user guide regarding pilot/ servo 2nd stages with lots of purge.

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

Cool. Thanks. More after the dsv fit but ill have a look at the manual and give it a try.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Hollis Explorer

Ok,
    so here is the dilemma. The mask works flawlessly with the Hollis BOV pod except....

I can not see my heads up display now. When you clip it on to the BOV, no matter how it is positioned the mask actually blocks sight of the HUD.

Any input as to how to solve this one. I think Hollis blew it on this one minor (major?) item.

And zip tying it to my head is not an option lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast