+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dräger Dolphin

RBW Member Hornet85 is an unknown quantity at this point Hornet85's Avatar
    Dräger Dolphin

Dräger MK25, Viper S10.

Dräger Dolphin

Hello.

I got some questions i just orderd a Dräger Dolphin (Orderd as payed for wayting for delivery)

I hade a Dolphin many years ago, but a Mark I. no O2 monitoring and so on.

This one have O2 monotoring from TACME, and some other parts.

My questions is what do i need to make it a MCCR. and can the unit use 300bar cylinders? i have like 8, 4L 300bar interspiro tanks. The unit dont come with a cylinder. and i know the old one i hade used a dräger original cylinder with 200bar.

I hope that i can post some photos here
    Attached Images

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

Re: Dräger Dolphin

Go look at FB theres à Guy selling a ss shell!

Dräger Dolphin

Dräger MK25, Viper S10.

yes for 200£, i only payed like 320£ for the unit so not planing to buy a shell for 200£ :P

RBW Member sailor is on a distinguished road sailor is on a distinguished road sailor's Avatar
    TR300c hCCR, Ray mCCR

Dolphin, Inspiration Vision

Hi,
    for mccr you need al least two, better three cell monitoring.
    What I see is a single cell monitoring.
    You will also need a KISS-style leaky valve.
    I'm using a Hydrogom KISS valve ( www.hydrogom.com ).
    A good provider for all the bits and pieces is www.tecme.de ( not Tacme ).
    I'm not sure if the old Draeger piston regulator showing on your pics can handle 300 bar.
    You will also need two tanks for mccr, one oxygen and one diluent.

Before you start buying parts you better get a mccr Training ( possibly on another unit brand ), a good instructor will assist you choosing the right parts.
    You also have to get prepared to pay a multiple amount of what you paid for the unit.

Did you consider diving the unit as SCR with switchable gases?
    In this case no need for a mccr leaky valve and also a single cell monitoring should be ok when you are knowing what you are doing.
    As SCR with two switchable gases the unit is good for deeper dives, I'm diving mine in SCR up to 60 meters / 200 feet.

Reiner

Dräger Dolphin

Dräger MK25, Viper S10.

The guy i got if from have been diving it with trimix and with deco and so on.

I got 2 cell monitoring as i got a oxy2 and a uwatec aladin air z o2 for it also (Hade that befor not in the photos)

i have over a 1000hours diving SCR. but how do you swich gases on the dolphin in a safe way? :)

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor  View Original Post
    Hi,
    for mccr you need al least two, better three cell monitoring.
    What I see is a single cell monitoring.
    You will also need a KISS-style leaky valve.
    I'm using a Hydrogom KISS valve ( www.hydrogom.com ).
    A good provider for all the bits and pieces is www.tecme.de ( not Tacme ).
    I'm not sure if the old Draeger piston regulator showing on your pics can handle 300 bar.
    You will also need two tanks for mccr, one oxygen and one diluent.

Before you start buying parts you better get a mccr Training ( possibly on another unit brand ), a good instructor will assist you choosing the right parts.
    You also have to get prepared to pay a multiple amount of what you paid for the unit.

Did you consider diving the unit as SCR with switchable gases?
    In this case no need for a mccr leaky valve and also a single cell monitoring should be ok when you are knowing what you are doing.
    As SCR with two switchable gases the unit is good for deeper dives, I'm diving mine in SCR up to 60 meters / 200 feet.

Reiner

RBW Member sailor is on a distinguished road sailor is on a distinguished road sailor's Avatar
    TR300c hCCR, Ray mCCR

Dolphin, Inspiration Vision

I'm using two 5-Liter tanks with different gases, two Draeger fixed IP 1st stages and a T-Fitting from tecme for the bypass ( ADV ).
    My Bypass is a Ray bypass so I have only one connection and two hoses for the T-fitting.
    With a Dolphin bypass you will need 4 hoses all together for this system.
    I'm switching the gases with opening and closing the respective tank valves.
    The tanks have twin valves and there are two more regular 1st stages for inflation and bailout.

Dräger Dolphin

Dräger MK25, Viper S10.

Thank you for the information, i will look in to this.
    It will be at my home in abut a week from now then i will have a beter look on what parts i have for it.

Photographer & Journalist John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini Hybrid

I have some parts sitting in a box from an old Dolphin conversion. Dolphin is now long gone, but I kept the parts! I am not 100% sure what I have until I look in detail. I think there are:
    - Some adapters and blanking plugs for the black 2nd stage thing
    - A swagelok needle valve and manual add valve
    - Drager fitting LP hose ends and scraps of LP hoses. Crimp ferrules.
    - An oxycheck PO2 monitor kit built into a tube cabled to a p-port cell holder
    - P-port socket kits (cut & screw onto counterlung)

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet85  View Original Post
    The guy i got if from have been diving it with trimix and with deco and so on.

I got 2 cell monitoring as i got a oxy2 and a uwatec aladin air z o2 for it also (Hade that befor not in the photos)

i have over a 1000hours diving SCR. but how do you swich gases on the dolphin in a safe way? :)

Thank you.
    I advise you not to use the air Z o2 for PO2 monitoring on a full CCR. I did that once and it did not like the PO2 spikes as I ascended, beeped constantly and called for looooooong deco times far beyond even doing the same dive on air would require.
    Basically the beeping drove me nuts.

I am having trouble believing you have 1000s hrs diving dolphin and can't figure out how to configure for multiple gas though. If you can't understand it maybe you should just stick to what you know.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Dräger Dolphin

Dräger MK25, Viper S10.

I dident say i have 1000h on the Dolphin i have 1000h diving SCR, Interspiro IS-MIX and befor that the Interspiro DCSC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast