+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prism 2 use harness or CLs?

RBW Member Anaflavia is an unknown quantity at this point Anaflavia's Avatar
    Prism 2

Smile Prism 2 use harness or CLs?

Hi, I'm new in the Prism 2 world and I'm thinking about some modifications in my configuration to make easier don/doff. Is safe to use the countelungs instead of the harness? How do I fix my bailout without damaging the CL's? My friend here made some modifications in theirs, adding Velcro in the CL's to attach to harness and removed the original straps, also used a rubber band around belt and CL's D rings. I'm afraid to do it and damage my prism function. Please send me some ideas and pictures to help me find a solution to all those confusing straps around my body. Thanks

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Re: Prism 2 use harness or CLs?

Hi Anaflavia,

I always use a harness with my P2's. I have friends that only use the lungs, but I prefer a little bit more security than that. I don't attach the lungs to the waist belt using the clips. I got rid of them and just run a bungee with through the crotch strap and attached to the lower D rings of the CL's. Keeps them nice and tight, but allows me to move them a little bit in case of reaching Dry Suit valves, etc.

For my bailouts, I never clip off the top of the neck. I just SM them by threading some bungee through the back plate to loop over the valve necks. Works really well and makes it easier to don/doff.

If you need any pictures, you can send me a PM.

Cheers - Chris

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

The counterlung reinforcement webbing is strong enough to act as a strap so I use the cls for harness and I use a hollis buttplate with bungies attached to backplate to secure bailout. Cleans up the webbing quite a bit that way.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Just an opinion. If possible try to configure the front and back of the harness to carry the load of the bailout.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member 724 is an unknown quantity at this point 724's Avatar
    Hollis prism 2

Poesidon MK6

Quote Originally Posted by CGOUGHN  View Original Post
    Hi Anaflavia,

I always use a harness with my P2's. I have friends that only use the lungs, but I prefer a little bit more security than that. I don't attach the lungs to the waist belt using the clips. I got rid of them and just run a bungee with through the crotch strap and attached to the lower D rings of the CL's. Keeps them nice and tight, but allows me to move them a little bit in case of reaching Dry Suit valves, etc.

For my bailouts, I never clip off the top of the neck. I just SM them by threading some bungee through the back plate to loop over the valve necks. Works really well and makes it easier to don/doff.

If you need any pictures, you can send me a PM.

Cheers - Chris
    Chris can you provide me with some pic's as well I'm thinking about that as well!!

RBW Member 724 is an unknown quantity at this point 724's Avatar
    Hollis prism 2

Poesidon MK6

respectfully request pictures from all!!!

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Quote Originally Posted by 724  View Original Post
    respectfully request pictures from all!!!

Send me your email on PM, bro. I'll show you what I've done.

Prism 2

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Just an opinion. If possible try to configure the front and back of the harness to carry the load of the bailout.

Best regards,
    Thanks for your help.

Prism 2

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post

Best regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by 724  View Original Post
    Chris can you provide me with some pic's as well I'm thinking about that as well!!
    Hi Chris, I'm new in this webforum and and don't know how to send you in privet my email. Please send me some pictures using this post or, if possible, to my email panta3@terra.com.br. Thank you so much for your help and attention.

Prism 2

Quote Originally Posted by CGOUGHN  View Original Post
    Send me your email on PM, bro. I'll show you what I've done.
    Panta3@terra.com.br. Thanks for your attention and help

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast